PDA

View Full Version : NY tools need a GOOD home

Steve Rozmiarek
03-08-2008, 6:48 PM
Would one of you guys buy these poor things please!

On the bay, auction 110228412840

Mike Henderson
03-08-2008, 7:03 PM
Just being suspicious, I'll bet they've gone through the pile and have removed any tools that have significant value.

Mike

harry strasil
03-08-2008, 7:22 PM
Pile is right probably just dumped the boxes, value went down $2K by doing that, its a wonder they didn't just tumble them together in a tumbler to brighten the whole lot up. Boy do I hate mindless morons like them.

James Mittlefehldt
03-08-2008, 9:56 PM
I think mindless moron is a bit too kind Harry. The idiot wants $1500. as a starting bid.

I saw some nice chisels in the pictures, a compass plane and some other stuff but what a stupid way to sell anything. He or she would have been better off to have listed each tool chest seperatly and would have doubtless done much better, I doubt anyone will bid on it that way.

Jim Koepke
03-08-2008, 9:58 PM
Just being suspicious, I'll bet they've gone through the pile and have removed any tools that have significant value.

Mike

I looked at their feedback:

Vintage Ivory Ruler by Stanley

Found in the bottom of an old toolbox while cleaning out an estate.

This ruler is very worn from use, the hash marks and numbers are partially visible.

In another auction, they have the usual claim "not knowing about these things." They seemed to know enough to put "Stanley" in the title to get some more eyes.

Oh well, SWIAR won't let me bid anyway.

jim

Steve Rozmiarek
03-09-2008, 12:52 AM

Mike

I kind of don't think they are smart enough to figure out that there might be any value here. Idiots is the first thought I had when I saw that pile. Looks to me like it would be pretty easy to find $1500 of tools in there though.

Steve Rozmiarek
03-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Quietly Harry! Boneheads probably googled this thread somehow, and have them in the cement mixer now!

Steve Rozmiarek
03-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Someone asked them an inventory question, and among other things, there are 250 chisels!!!! Good grief thats a lot of chisels. $6.00 each covers the starting bid.

Jim Koepke
03-09-2008, 1:47 AM
Someone asked them an inventory question, and among other things, there are 250 chisels!!!! Good grief thats a lot of chisels. $6.00 each covers the starting bid.

I saw a few rusty and plastic handled chisels. Also saw a mushroomed socket.

There is likely enough tools there for someone to have some fun and sell it off on the auction site that shall not be named. Dollar wise, you might break even. I would be shocked if there were a good #1 or #2 Stanley in the heap. I saw what looked to be a #4 plane or two in the mix. One had a cast plastic front knob, the other a broken lever cap.

I am going to watch it though. There is a bunch of junk taking up space out in the shop. Maybe it should be pixelated and listed for bid.

I wonder how much it would cost to get it cross country.

jim

harry strasil
03-09-2008, 9:04 AM
did anyone see the smithing tools in the pile. LOL

Now I have this idea in my mind looking at the repitition and junk shown, that maybe they have been collecting the stuff that doesn't get bought at like farm auctions etc, and found some old tool chests somewhere, throwed in a couple of larger items for looks and are trying to pass it off as some woodworkers tools. Have you given thought to how much of that stuff could actually reside in the boxes shown and be easily accessable. And how many of you have 250 chisels in your repitor of tools.

Pedro Reyes
03-09-2008, 11:11 AM
I don't think they are that dumb, they somehow paid something for it, something that made them use 1.5K as a starting bid, so they must now something.

I do agree, how do I know stuff hasn't been taken out. Furthermore, how do I know I'll get everything when I can't even see all of it.

I say we all buy, then have a "draft" type situation, pick an order at random and then go 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,8,7,6,5,4,3.... and so on until we run out :D.

/p

Jim Koepke
03-09-2008, 9:28 PM
Would one of you guys buy these poor things please!

On the bay, auction 110228412840

No bids were made.

jim