PDA

View Full Version : Donate .....

pete hagan
03-08-2008, 9:54 AM
After Sean started such a crappy thread, I started following the replies and stumbled through Doug Griffith's websites. What constantly amazes me is the depth of talent and diverse business backgrounds we have on the Creek. If you take the time and look you will find niche markets around the world openly sharing their “little secret tips” in the spirit of a true neighborhood where everyone helps each other out when in need.

If you are reading this and haven’t contributed to the Creek please do so. This little amount is worth more than any association membership you are currently paying to impress the customers. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php) is where to go to keep this great resource flowing. Where else can you get such great, and sometimes crappy, support for so little?

My 2 cents worth……

THANKS SawmillCREEK!

Pete

Craig Hogarth
03-08-2008, 12:33 PM
I'll have to agree with pete on donating. One year ago, I didn't own a laser and had never used corel. Now I own my own store and my wife and I do this full time.

I have no idea how I would've been able to pick any of this up without the knowledge I found here.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Pete,

I don't do "star wars" stuff....but the general wood working techiniques I've learned are invaluable.

I joined 4 years ago when I started building my shop. The information that I got here that contributed to the layout of the shop, the equipment I have in that shop..........worth a whole lot more than $6. I have friends that come over and look at my shop and wonder where I got the ideas. I tell them I stole them from pros and beginners here at the Creek.

I'll even forgive the turners for throwing me into the Vortex!:D But I'm not sure my CFO (SWMBO) will, however.:D

Sean Bullock
03-08-2008, 2:15 PM
Unfortunately, most of the replies to my request were full of crap. I did find what I was looking for though. Thanks to all.

Oh, and do your duty and donate.

Jerry Hay
03-09-2008, 10:53 PM
I find my self here almost everyday checking things out. every one is open and honest and tries to help with ideas and questions. you guys and gals are awesome !