PDA

View Full Version : Coat Rack & Gun Rack With Pics

Dave Crabbs
03-07-2008, 4:04 PM
Hi All,
Right after Christmas, my Mother, asked me if I would make her a coat rack for her so when the Grand Kids (my brothers kids) come visit they have a place to hang their coats up. She told me she did not want anything fancy:rolleyes: but, she wanted hooks on the top and hooks lower down also.

This is what I came up with. I made it from Cherry and finished it with a blo ploy mix. Plus a couple of top coats of poly.

My cousin asked me if I could make him a vertical gun rack. Again I was told nothing fancy:rolleyes:. It is to go in one of his closets. I know nothing about guns other than when you pull the trigger they go BANG. So, I measured some of his rifles to get and idea on how to make it.

I figured that walnut is used to make gun stocks that I would make his out of Black Walnut. I then fished it the same way that I finished my mothers coat rack.

Thanks for looking,
Dave

Frank McKinney
03-07-2008, 4:59 PM
Nice, very nice job. Can't wait until I get started and finish my first project. Until then, I live vicariously through you folks.

Frank

Dave MacArthur
03-08-2008, 1:53 AM
Nice gun rack!

Mitchell Andrus
03-08-2008, 8:56 AM
Took me a second to realize that the tackle box is a wallpaper border. Looked like stuff on a counter... LOL