PDA

View Full Version : Dowelmax - first look

Art Mulder
03-07-2008, 3:41 PM
Well, this showed up in the mail today...

Very impressive fit and finish on the parts. Very clean, no burrs or milling marks, nicely polished parts. The parts fit together well. The checkmarks (which you use for aligning your parts) are clear and easy to see. The knobs operate smoothly for clamping pieces.

I can't call this a proper review, as I was just having fun. I grabbed some wood from my scrap box and popped them into the vise and drilled holes. I literally gave the instruction booklet no more than a 30 second glance (just verifying which parts get checkmarks and which get x's). I've watched one or two of the video tutorials on the dowelmax website previously, and that's all you really need for the basics. Just line up the checkmarks and go.

This was the result of less about 5 minutes work. Including fumbling around.

I can tell I'm going to enjoy using this jig!
Now, I need to sit down and peruse that instruction book a bit closer.

...art

Bill Huber
03-07-2008, 3:52 PM
Yes I am sure you will like it, I have had mine for just about a year now and can still say it was worth the money.

I will say there will be a point that you say, I don't need to put the checks there anymore I know which is which but I would say just keep putting them there. Now the Xs I don't use but the checks I still do.... (don't ask why)