PDA

View Full Version : Fun job for the day

Belinda Barfield
03-07-2008, 1:05 PM
I have to deliver some St. Patrick's day pins to a local restaurant this afternoon. I needed something to carry them in, so I marked this denim tote bag. Just thought I'd share some of the St. Patrick's spirit with you all. :)

Phyllis Meyer
03-07-2008, 1:17 PM
Fun stuff Belinda! That is adorable! As always, (from this forum) gives me a great idea. Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

Phyllis:)

Brian Robison
03-07-2008, 4:09 PM
I see Dover sends you e mails too!;)

Belinda Barfield
03-07-2008, 4:35 PM
I see Dover sends you e mails too!;)

Yep!:D Thank goodness too!

Chuck Mitchell
03-07-2008, 5:05 PM
Dover sending emails????

How do i get on that list?

Glenn Clabo
03-07-2008, 5:16 PM
Okay...so...you have to deliver some pins...and you make a special bag to do that? Now that's just cool...

Belinda Barfield
03-08-2008, 7:33 AM
Dover sending emails????

How do i get on that list?

Here is the link. Just sign up.

http://www.doverpublications.com/sampler4/

Belinda Barfield
03-08-2008, 7:40 AM
Okay...so...you have to deliver some pins...and you make a special bag to do that? Now that's just cool...

LOL . . . I sort of had an ulterior motive. St. Patrick's Day is a huge celebration here. I have to head down to River Street today. With luck, someone will see the bag and like it so much they will want to buy it. :)

As a side note, the pin job was a bust. I can sell them elsewhere so no money lost. The guy who ordered them is a friend so I was nice about the whole thing. Basically the pin is designed to encourage tipping in a risque sort of way. The restaurant, which is a chain, has a policy in place that prohibits wait staff from asking for a tip. After some discussion with management it was determined that the staff could not wear the pins as it could be construed as asking. Oh well, just another day in paradise!

P.S. Its a girl thing . . . if I was a cobbler I would have made shoes to match.;)

Ken Fitzgerald
03-08-2008, 9:09 AM
LOL . . . I sort of had an ulterior motive. St. Patrick's Day is a huge celebration here. I have to head down to River Street today, and its "First Saturday" which is the monthly arts and crafts festival on the river. With luck, someone will see the bag and like it so much they will want to buy it. :)

As a side note, the pin job was a bust. I can sell them elsewhere so no money lost. The guy who ordered them is a friend so I was nice about the whole thing. Basically the pin is designed to encourage tipping in a risque sort of way. The restaurant, which is a chain, has a policy in place that prohibits wait staff from asking for a tip. After some discussion with management it was determined that the staff could not wear the pins as it could be construed as asking. Oh well, just another day in paradise!

P.S. Its a girl thing . . . if I was a cobbler I would have made shoes to match.;)

Good luck trolling with the hand bag.....

Sorry for the lost sales...........

After nearly 40 years of marriage and nearly 60 years of living I'm starting to undrstand the "PS" statement. But........I don't care what my neighbor's wife says.....there is not going to be any curtains in my shop!:D

Belinda Barfield
03-08-2008, 9:42 AM
But........I don't care what my neighbor's wife says.....there is not going to be any curtains in my shop!:D

But Ken, curtains would keep those neighborhood woodworkers from peeking in and spying on your latest project. :D

James A. Wolfe
03-11-2008, 9:57 PM
Paddy O'Furniture:o