PDA

View Full Version : World Globe or Airplane Trophy Supplier?

Janet Liddiard
03-07-2008, 12:33 PM
I have a corporation that would like 140 cheap plastic trophies (must be under $4.00 a piece for us to make any money) in the near future.

The trophy needs to be either an airplane, passport or world globe. I thought either the globe or airplane would be easy enough, but after 1 hour + of research on the internet and calls to JDS and PDU - no luck!

PDU has a world globe riser, but we'd have to still put something on the top, and honestly the picture looks like it's very low quality (even for this price point).

There are lots of places that have beautiful glass or crystal ones, but are way out of the budget.

Has anyone ever seen a supplier to offer airplane or world globe cheap trophies?

Or, does anyone have a wonderful idea of how to create something in acrylic (or another material) using our laser that would still be under $4.00 and a newbie like us could do?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Joe Pelonio
03-07-2008, 12:47 PM
For that price I doubt you'll find it. Simple round circle acrylic award blanks are $5.50 at the cheapest supplier I have a catalog for.

How many watts do you have? I would think that a 1/4" (or 3/8" if you have the power) circle with slightly flat bottom, engraved as the globe then cemented to a clear base would work.

Mike Null
03-07-2008, 12:57 PM
I agree with Joe. Here's a slightly different look.

Rose Hamacher
03-08-2008, 4:06 PM
Janet,

Here is a plane that I did as a favor for my son's wedding a few years ago - he is a USAF pilot so I made a simple plane cutout to attach on top of the little nut & mint cups wrapped in net and ribbons. The design is such that the wing slips in and cannot slip all the way through the slot, so the fit is tight enough without any glue. Don't know if this would be something you could use but if it is, you can make a whole bunch of these out of one sheet of material (I used 1/8" alder). If you use acrylic, you might have to add a tiny spot of glue to hold the wings in place.

Regards,
Rose Hamacher
Hamacher Woodworks & Engraving
Morgan City, LA

Craig Hogarth
03-08-2008, 4:37 PM
rose, all i get is a blank page

Rose Hamacher
03-10-2008, 3:11 PM
I am away (far away)from my work computer right now, so I will try to figure out where I went wrong when I return home, in a week or so. Maybe be that I saved it in Corel X4, I don't know, but I'll try again in a couple of weeks when I get back to work.http://sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon9.gif

Regards,
Rose