PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Illustrator CS3 Problems

Michael James Archuleta
03-06-2008, 11:32 PM
At work, we recently acquired a new pc with CS3 and moved from an older pc with CorelDraw. We use an Epilog 24TT and i've hadn't had problems with Corel, but now that we have Illustrator i would like to engraver through that program (since i love the interface of Illustrator). I downloaded drivers and was able to get my engraver to engrave, but I'm having a weird dot pattern overprint when i raster, and my vector cuts are choppy and incomplete. What could be the problem?

P.S. you can see the faint dot pattern start from the left with the objects and continue to the right margin.
https://webmail.nmsu.edu/src/download.php?passed_id=46&mailbox=Sent&ent_id=2&absolute_dl=true

Peck Sidara
03-07-2008, 1:04 PM
Michael,

I just printed simple text from Adobe Illustrator CS3 to a Legend 36EXT and had no such lines. This will require some trouble-shooting.

1. What Windows version are you running?
2. What firmware is loaded on your TT and what is the print driver version?
3. What happens if you import that file into Corel and print from Corel?
4. How is the laser connected, Ethernet or Parallel?
5. Do you have any switch boxes in between the PC and laser?

The attached picture in your posting didn't appear. Please advise on the above, forward a copy of the file and the picture of the lines to pecks at epiloglaser dot com. I'll have a look and hopefully provide a solution.

Michael James Archuleta
03-07-2008, 2:07 PM
I'm runnning XP, and downloaded the update for the firmware from Epiloglaser.com. I have the laser connected By ethernet through our Network. I installed Corel today and have no problems importing/exporting to production, but was trying to avoid having to do so and just send it through illustrator.

Jim - Goodwin
05-15-2008, 6:31 PM
I am having the same issue, with a Legend 24tt as well. Anybody have any ideas on this one? I love Illustrator and just hate having to save files as version 8 so that Corel can open it. I guess I could learn Corel a little better but I would like to not have to teach my students how to "deal" with Corel.
I've been through every setting I can think of, no help.