PDA

View Full Version : Question about Vinyl Express fonts

Brent Vander Weil
03-06-2008, 9:56 PM
We currently have VE 7 and VE 8... problem is there are fonts in VE 7 that are not transfering over when VE 8 is installed... We get the fonts that are located in the Windows font folder, but there are many others that don't show up... I can transfer them manually, but I am having trouble finding them in VE 7... Any tips or tricks?

Joe Pelonio
03-08-2008, 3:35 PM
Brent,

Sorry but it looks like no one else is using VE or at least doesn't know what to tell you.

If you have not figured it out yet, I can only tell you how my vinyl program (Gerber) works. It came with about 30 fonts, but to add more, you have to run a Gerber font install program to load them into it. They are stored in a different manner than in windows (have to be converted to vectors by that Gerber program). Perhaps your VE is the same way, the look for a program on the version 8 CD that will allow you to load more fonts.

Mike Null
03-08-2008, 3:52 PM
I use EngravLab and agree with Joe. I've yet to figure out the font thing.

Brent Vander Weil
03-09-2008, 5:16 PM
I have done a little digging and it seems like the fonts I can't find are mostly Font Font files... ones that were purchased online or acquired from free fonts etc... We think they are stored in file names that don't match the name of the font... and I am not sure what file extension they use... Appreciate the thought on this... I am a Corel user most often, but in the shop I recently started working in Vinyl Express is the plotting program and also used to designs that are feeding the Roland wide format printer... Kind of funny thing happened to me on a customer call... I went in to talk about acrylic letters... came out as a full time employee with a new marketing base and a bunch of new things to learn... LOL well I am learning thew sign business and starting to get into vehicle lettering and eventually wraps... wierd things happen... but getting paid to learn all of this works for me... :)