PDA

View Full Version : Help with Color Mapping

Jason Lippert
03-06-2008, 4:38 PM
I recently changed over a job we laser on large wood planks over to a color map just to see if it would save some job time. As it turns out it saves almost 10 minutes per run. Obviously this is good:) So the next day I open the file back up and all of my changes to the Corel document are there as expected, but the color mapping info is all gone. I guess I assumed the color settings and the additional colors I used would be saved along with the document. Am I missing something or do I have to set this up again every time. I hope not
Any help would be great, I have to assume I missed something here. I know I can change the default settings of the driver. Is this the only way to save these color map settings?

Doug Griffith
03-06-2008, 5:11 PM
I save the color settings in the print driver and load them as needed. I have not found a way to save them with the file but would be interested if this is possible. I also save and load color pallettes that corresponds to the color maps.

Cheers

Peck Sidara
03-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Jason,

Color mapping is saved thru a configuration,.dat (data) file. This is save thru your print driver and not within the corel file itself.

The dat file can be saved anywhere on your PC's c: drive. How it works:

Open your Corel file
File/print/printer properties
Select all of your parameters including the color mapping schemes
On the general tab, click on the drop down button under configuration
Save as...Pick your location and a name for your new configuration/dat file

For more information on this function, see Using the Epilog Print Driver/configurations in your owners manual.

HTH,