PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit Laser Help?

Arturo Villegas
03-06-2008, 2:20 PM
I have a 1290 ES 80W laser and It gave up on me right in the middle of a job. I was cutting acrylic and all of a sudden it shutdown.

Took me a while to find the 15A 250V fuses that I changed. It turns on now but doenst want to fire. I noticed the little fan on the power supply wasnt turning it also doesnt "beep" like before when I turn it on. There is also another fan on the other side that stop working. Do you think there is some kind of electrical short? or need to replace the power unit?

Thanks for any comments

Scott Shepherd
03-06-2008, 2:23 PM
I'm no electronics technician, but that sounds like a bad power supply to me.

Jim Dornon
03-06-2008, 5:08 PM
Aurtoro,
I had a Rabbit 6090 and went through 5 power supply's before I sent it back. Get up with Frank Fang at rabbitlaser.___ or dean novakowski on this forum. They might be able to help. What color is the power supply ? Rabbit did switch to a different company to supply them with power supply's. Old one is grey, new one is gold color. Jim:eek:

Arturo Villegas
03-06-2008, 5:27 PM
Good to know. I have an old one I guess. I was cutting 1/2" acrylic when it gave out me. I guess it was too much for it.

Thanks for the input. I'll see if they can help me out.
Do you think its possible to upgrade to a higher power supply 100 or even 120 Watt being that I have to replace it. Is it possoble to change the tube also? Just an idea.

Aurtoro,
I had a Rabbit 6090 and went through 5 power supply's before I sent it back. Get up with Frank Fang at rabbitlaser.___ or dean novakowski on this forum. They might be able to help. What color is the power supply ? Rabbit did switch to a different company to supply them with power supply's. Old one is grey, new one is gold color. Jim:eek:

Dean Novakowski
03-06-2008, 8:26 PM
Arturo,
Yeah sounds like the power supply. I am pretty sure on the power supply the one fan is always on & the other kicks on only when the laser is firing.

Arturo Villegas
03-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Frank from Texas is going to send me a new power supply.

Thanks again!