PDA

View Full Version : LaserTile Art Work

Pete Simmons
03-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Has anyone used the LaserTile Art Work?

How do they look at maybe a 5 x 7 Foot image on a wall?

They look perfect on their website. They are not Vector format but very large scanned ( I think .tiff ) images. On the order of 100 meg or so each.

Lee DeRaud
03-06-2008, 12:10 PM
I have the same reactions to them that I have whenever I ride in a Lexus:
1. "Hey, this is really nice!"
2. "Bloody well ought to be, at this price."

I got the catalog the other day: seems like each of the packages (~$1K each :eek:) has a couple of really nice images, a couple of decent ones, some not so great. I think the only way I'd buy them is if I had a commissioned job where somebody specifically wanted one of those images, and then just get the one ($150 each, IIRC).

Did I mention they're not cheap? :p

Sean Bullock
03-06-2008, 1:46 PM
Nice wooden frames they have on their website. Anyone know where they get them?

Jack Harper
03-06-2008, 2:49 PM
I just posted some photos of a large mural from a Laserart image 8'x8'. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=77082

The cost is all how you want to look at it. If you cannot use many of the bundled images then just by individual images. However at about $50 per image for the bundle and for unlimited use for lasing for an unlimited amount of time, this is way cheaper than buying art from a service. Photo services will charge more, limit what markets you can use it in and will only grant you maybe a year to use it at which point you get to pay them all over again.

The final benefit I saw from their work was that the images are not photos but rather actual artist works, many are signed.

Pete Simmons
03-06-2008, 3:07 PM
Jack - Tell us more about the material you used.

I am going to be in an Art Show end of the month. I plan to do a few large tiled fish scenes.

Craig Hogarth
03-06-2008, 3:23 PM
Nice wooden frames they have on their website. Anyone know where they get them?

you can buy from them.

Sean Bullock
03-06-2008, 3:31 PM
you can buy from them.

I was hoping to find the original manufacturer.

Jack Harper
03-06-2008, 7:16 PM
Jack - Tell us more about the material you used.

I am going to be in an Art Show end of the month. I plan to do a few large tiled fish scenes.

Pete,

I import my stone, 50 slabs at a time, from China. I have to do 50 slabs because I buy it by the block and that's what a block makes when you cut it into 7-8mm slices. The slabs, known as thin stones, have a fiberglass backing to strengthen them. You can even bend them slightly to arch with a wall without breaking. The stone is Shanxi/no spot. Shanxi is what everyone sells as absolute black from Home Depot to LaserSketch. The grades of the stone varies from company to company. The "no spot" designation is the best quality and is darker and has not blemishes or spots through out the stone. We do a few enhancements to further darken and homogenize the colors in the stone, then laser and seal. You can get the slabs up to 5'x10' (I think), I know you can get larger than the 1200mm x 2400mm I purchase.

If you are interested in getting some stone, pm me and we can talk.

Kevin Warren
03-20-2008, 1:45 PM
Hi Jack: I am interested in the very blackest marble. Kevin

Jack Harper
03-20-2008, 2:32 PM
Hi Jack: I am interested in the very blackest marble. Kevin

Kevin,

Are you looking for marble or granite? In my previous post, I was referring to granite slabs . The darkest marble I have seen is from MS International out of California. This marble is very black and very hard. In fact, you will need to slow your laser down to get a whiter image to appear. These are tiles measuring 12" x 12".

Pete Simmons
03-21-2008, 3:36 PM
Sean - You did find the original manufacturer. 3Score and LaserTile

I have recently added some of their artwork and tile to my line. I would have bet anything that the tile came from China.

They tell me they make everything (Tile and Frames ) right here in the good old USA.

I am very surprised but now I feel even better selling their product.

I will post some pictures of what I am doing with their tile next week.

--------------------------------
I have the same reactions to them that I have whenever I ride in a Lexus:
1. "Hey, this is really nice!"
2. "Bloody well ought to be, at this price."

Lee - I have made a few items with their tile and artwork and yes the items are in the Lexus catagory or even better. I will let you know how I do selling them but so far everyone who sees them loves them.