PDA

View Full Version : Weekend stuff - I'm not nuts, just seems like it..

Mitchell Andrus
03-06-2008, 9:31 AM
When I'm not making dust, I play in a Mummers band, The Denville String Band. We do 24 parades a year (in costume) and 15 or so nursing homes, conv centers (not in custume, thank God)... Banjo, sax, accordion and fiddle music - Five Foot Two, Happy Days are Here Again, Poppa Joe's.

This is an example of our new suits.

It's a bass saxophone. Yes, it's heavy.

http://www.denvillestringband.com/

mark page
03-06-2008, 9:45 AM
The pictures explain a lot of things Mitchell. Glad your having fun.:D

Phyllis Meyer
03-06-2008, 9:56 AM
I don't think you are nuts, I think this is cool! A few years back I delivered singing telegrams in costume (nursing homes and other places like that were my favorite)!

There are too many serious things going on all around us, to see someone smile really warms the heart! March on Mitch!

Phyllis:)

Jim Becker
03-06-2008, 10:35 AM
While I've never been a real mummer fan, I think it's such a wonderful cultural thing for the greater Philadelphia area and admire all the folks that put so much time and work into the craft and the entertainment! And a bass sax is a pretty kewel instrument, too! Very kewel!

Chris Padilla
03-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Cool stuff!!

Ted Calver
03-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Man, ..and I thought my baritone sax was heavy!!

Mitchell Andrus
03-06-2008, 2:27 PM
Yea... but it's hollow, right?

Gary Keedwell
03-06-2008, 5:18 PM
When I'm not making dust, I play in a Mummers band, The Denville String Band. We do 24 parades a year (in costume) and 15 or so nursing homes, conv centers (not in custume, thank God)... Banjo, sax, accordion and fiddle music - Five Foot Two, Happy Days are Here Again, Poppa Joe's.

This is an example of our new suits.

It's a bass saxophone. Yes, it's heavy.

http://www.denvillestringband.com/
Wow...Elton John marches with you guys? :eek:
Gary

Mitchell Andrus
03-06-2008, 5:51 PM
There is a funny story re: feathers sequins and people's first impressions.... Our drummer joined us about two years ago and was a bit afraid of what he would find at the band house on his first rehearsal....

He was glad to see a lot of wedding rings.

LOL, we still laugh about it.

Gary Keedwell
03-06-2008, 6:05 PM
There is a funny story re: feathers sequins and people's first impressions.... Our drummer joined us about two years ago and was a bit afraid of what he would find at the band house on his first rehearsal....

He was glad to see a lot of wedding rings.

LOL, we still laugh about it.
In Massachusetts...wearing a wedding ring doesn't necessarily give you a hetro pass.:eek::D

Gary

Doug Shepard
03-06-2008, 6:18 PM
Boy. I get the willies just imagining what your groupies must look like.:eek::D

Jack Hogoboom
03-09-2008, 4:35 PM
Mitchell,

I live in Mendham. I believe your band has graced our Labor Day Parade for many years. Maybe we can arrange a Creeker visit the next time you march through town....

Jack