PDA

View Full Version : Epilog EXT table motor...kaput!

Larry Bratton
03-05-2008, 8:04 PM
Started up the machine this afternoon. Sent an autofocus file. No autofocus, nothing happening. Tried moving the table down with the UP/Down button..nothing. Called tech support, got them within a minute. Brian had me take the front off the machine and find the belt. We moved the table manually to check and see if it had somehow hung up on us. It apparently had not. Then when we turned the machine on, we could still move it by hand. Diagnosis, table motor dead. We focused it manually and ran the file, everything else checked out fine.

Epilog sending new motor via Next Day air. Still under warranty. Typical excellant tech support and service. I am to call tomorrow and they will walk up through the motor install and re-alignment if necessary. (notice I didn't have to call China in the middle of the night either!) They understood my Southern accent too. :D

Anthony Scira
03-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Yeeeeee Hahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Hope it all works out. I hear a lot more good stories than bad.

David Harvey
03-06-2008, 8:31 PM
Larry,
Sorry to hear you had problems...but you 've got an Epilog and help is right there when you need it.

We got our machines within a month of each other. About 6 months ago I noticed my engavings were showing feathered edges...couldn't get a sharp edge anymore. I called tech support and within 20 minutes they diagnosed the problem to be a defective laser tube. Next day a new laser tube arrived. I didn't enjoy the realignment procedure, but they stuck with me on the phone during the 'whole' procedure...and now it performs better than when new.

About a month ago, I noticed a spot developing on my laser lens. Called tech support and they had me a new one next day.

I might add, this was 'all under warranty'...no cost to me.

No China syndrome here....;o)