PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning tip...

Stephen Beckham
03-05-2008, 2:38 PM
Okay - I know this may be elementary for those of you that have done it... Just in case there is someone that hasn't thought of this before...

I had to laser something really shiny this morning and when placing it in the laser, I noticed there was a speck of something on the lens in the reflection. Without any effort, I grabbed the cleaning stuff and used the reflection to clean off the lens.

Afterwards, I thought to myself - that was easy to clean with the reflection, actually easier than the normal cleaning. So when done, I put a piece of mirror in there to see if it would work as a cleaning tool and was shocked at how much I missed.

So the next time you need to clean the lens, put a small mirror under there and give it a look...

Steve

Barb Macdonald
03-05-2008, 7:49 PM
Me!
Thanks Stephen
You're a genius! I don't have the best lighting, and my eyes are needing some assistance. My brain, too.
Now, if there was such a thing as a little magnifying mirror. Omigosh, I've GOT one in my bathroom.
Will hubby notice it's gone?
Make-Up Mirror!
(I wear none, ok? It's a political thing)
Light-bulbs going off all over the place! Synapses firing!
What would I do without the Creek?

Bill Cunningham
03-06-2008, 9:40 PM
Hmmm I've been doing it this way for quite a while.. As a matter of fact I cleaned my lenses today, and as I was putting the mirror on the table, I thought..."wonder if anyone else does it this way"?... My question has been answered, my life is complete..:rolleyes:

Tim Bateson
04-28-2008, 10:50 PM
I’ve been using this idea for a while, but have discovered something new. I bought a small 10x mirror at the local drug store. Cleaned the lens as usual with a standard mirror, replaced it with the 10x mirror. WOW! My lens wasn’t even close to being clean. I now have cleaner cuts and more power.
Now if I could find an easer method of cleaning the top part of the lens. Q-Tips just don’t get in there very well. Anybody have any luck with compressed air?

Joe Pelonio
04-29-2008, 8:20 AM
Perhaps I'm in the more is better group but when I clean the mirrors and lens I take the assembly off and do it in front of me on a table. It's just two screws.

Eric Allen
05-07-2008, 7:26 PM
Perhaps I'm in the more is better group but when I clean the mirrors and lens I take the assembly off and do it in front of me on a table. It's just two screws.

I started doing it this way too. I changed lenses one day not long after cleaning and noticed on careful inspection that it still could use some cleaning, some of those specs are just too hard to clean unless you can look right at 'em. Easier to polish it to perfection this way:) Not to mention Epilog's 1.5" lens design is exceedingly difficult to clean in the unit.