PDA

View Full Version : Jet Xacta saw backorder - 2 months!

Roger Warford
03-05-2008, 1:32 PM
Ack! I ordered the Jet Deluxe Xacta saw from Woodcraft a couple of weeks ago. Just called to check on the status only to find out it's on back order and won't ship until after April!!!! :eek:

Sigh. Woodcraft has been very good about this (though it would have been nice if they had proactively notified me about the backorder). They searched all the local stores, but nobody has any.

Man, I feel like my four year old does before Christmas. Is it ever going to get here?

Time to call Jet. They need to throw in another set of clamps for making me wait in agony for so long!

If you're waiting on an Xacta saw, you might want to check on your order. If you get one delivered in the next few days, please don't tell me - it would hurt too much!

Eric Haycraft
03-05-2008, 1:49 PM
Ack! I ordered the Jet Deluxe Xacta saw from Woodcraft a couple of weeks ago. Just called to check on the status only to find out it's on back order and won't ship until after April!!!! :eek:

Sigh. Woodcraft has been very good about this (though it would have been nice if they had proactively notified me about the backorder). They searched all the local stores, but nobody has any.

Man, I feel like my four year old does before Christmas. Is it ever going to get here?

Time to call Jet. They need to throw in another set of clamps for making me wait in agony for so long!

If you're waiting on an Xacta saw, you might want to check on your order. If you get one delivered in the next few days, please don't tell me - it would hurt too much!

I ordered mine less than 2 weeks ago from 7 Corners and it arrived two days ago. Something doesn't smell right. What motor and fence did you order? Mine was a 30" 5HP 1 phase.

Roger Warford
03-05-2008, 2:23 PM
Man, you weren't supposed to tell me that! ;) I ordered the 3HP version. Maybe I can switch to the 5hp and get it sooner. That's really good to know.

Let's see how this conversation is going to go. Me: "Honey, If I buy the bigger saw, I can get it sooner." LOML: "How much will that cost?" Me: "A couple hundred bucks." LOML: "Do you need a bigger saw?" Me (squirming): "Well, uh, without the saw, I can't finish your cabinets." LOML: "But you've already gone way over budget. Besides you already have a saw. Tell me again why that one won't work?" Me: "Uh, the small saw only makes small cabinets?" ;) Well, it's worth a shot.

Eric Haycraft
03-05-2008, 2:37 PM
Man, you weren't supposed to tell me that! ;) I ordered the 3HP version. Maybe I can switch to the 5hp and get it sooner. That's really good to know.

I would guess that's the case. I think mine had serial number 48 on the motor. BTW, it is a great saw. The table is really flat and is huge compared to other saws. The wood extension table is crap however. Not even close to flat on mine and will probably end up in the burn pile shortly. You can also call acme tools, I think that they have some 3hp in stock and will probably honor your woodcraft price (assuming 10% off from the woodcraft/rockler sales when I got mine).

Roger Warford
03-05-2008, 3:06 PM
Thanks again Eric! I called Jet and they confirmed that they do have the 5HP in stock, but the 3HP is back ordered, first shipment end of April at the earliest.

The LOML is the best in the world! I told her the story and she said "go for it!" I went for it. Woodcraft switched me to the 5hp without any hassles. I should know tomorrow for sure that the order was processed and queued for shipping.

Now, where can I find a hunk of 12/4 Brazillian Walnut to see just what five horses can do!? :D

If anyone else is considering buying an Xacta saw, wait until tomorrow! ;)

Eric Haycraft
03-05-2008, 3:12 PM
Thanks again Eric! I called Jet and they confirmed that they do have the 5HP in stock, but the 3HP is back ordered, first shipment end of April at the earliest.

The LOML is the best in the world! I told her the story and she said "go for it!" I went for it. Woodcraft switched me to the 5hp without any hassles. I should know tomorrow for sure that the order was processed and queued for shipping.

Now, where can I find a hunk of 12/4 Brazillian Walnut to see just what five horses can do!? :D

If anyone else is considering buying an Xacta saw, wait until tomorrow! ;)

Good thing that I am a whore for more power or I would have been waiting too. Enjoy your new saw.

Shawn Honeychurch
03-05-2008, 4:24 PM
Me: "Uh, the small saw only makes small cabinets?" ;) Well, it's worth a shot.

Damn, so that's the trick, I gotta try that. :)

Pure Genius.

Yun-Fong Loh
03-06-2008, 1:28 PM
Ordered the same saw from Rockler on 2/17. I just called in to check on delivery and they are estimating shipping on 4/25. I wouldn't mind the wait except that since it's direct ship, I've already been charged for it :(

Eric Haycraft
03-06-2008, 1:42 PM
Ordered the same saw from Rockler on 2/17. I just called in to check on delivery and they are estimating shipping on 4/25. I wouldn't mind the wait except that since it's direct ship, I've already been charged for it :(

Sounds like no waiting on the 5HP models.

Yun-Fong Loh
03-06-2008, 3:03 PM
Yeah, not sure I want to spend that much. Of course, you could argue that at this price range what's a couple hundred more? But it would be a couple hundred I could have spent on some nice project wood.

Ron Kellison
03-06-2008, 4:51 PM
"Now, where can I find a hunk of 12/4 Brazillian Walnut to see just what five horses can do!?" :D

That 5-HP motor is going to draw 22-23 amps so make sure its running through a 30-amp breaker! Otherwise you're going to be making a lot of trips to your breaker panel.:(

Regards,

Ron

Roger Warford
03-06-2008, 5:52 PM
Thanks Ron. Fortunately I haven't run wire yet. I did buy a 20AMP GFI breaker from the local BORG - looks like I'll have to exchange it. Better now than later.

Roger Warford
03-14-2008, 11:35 AM
It's HERE! Was just delivered. It'll probably take all weekend to get it wired, setup, and installed. But I should be making sawdust before Monday!

Scott Haddix
03-14-2008, 12:00 PM
So...you'll let us know how that 12/4 Br. Walnut cut goes for you on Monday? Stating the obvious, but assume you'll post a picture of it all setup and looking good in its new home as well?

Chris Jenkins
03-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Roger,

If you take a look at NEC standards, a true 3 HP motor is suppossed to be on 10G wire with a 30A breaker. In fact that is what is recommended in my PM66 manual.

I could have gone 12G on 20A without popping it, but one I run more than one machine on that circuit and two I leave the jointer and TS on alot when I am prepping stock so I don't want wires getting too hot due to amp draws.

Chris

Roger Warford
03-14-2008, 12:25 PM
The saw will get it's own 30Amp GFCI circuit with #10 wire. I believe that will be significant overkill, but better safe than sorry!

I know the rules, Scott, didn't happen unless there are pics! Look for 'em Monday. :)

I don't think I'm going to get anything done at the day job today!!! :D