PDA

View Full Version : PCL command error

Jason Smalling
03-05-2008, 1:33 AM
Hello, I have a pinnacle M series. I just got it a couple of days ago. When I try to print from Corel, after about 20 seconds of engraving it stops and the LCD screen reads PCL command error. What could be causing this. The only way I can fix it it to turn the machine off, and the computer and restart everything. And even then it dont always work again. Any suggestions. Also, my table wont move up, but it will move down. I believe the stepper motor is bad. I hope I didnt buy a lemon, and everything can be fixed. I bought it new from Signwarehouse. Any suggestions should be appreciated! Thanks!!

Kevin Huffman
03-05-2008, 9:58 AM
The table only going down was due to a stuck up auto focus pin. We found that out shortly after he contacted me.
Once Jason pulled it down and did the daily maintainance the machine began working properly again.

The PLC error is a strange one. I have never seen this issue but he only gets it when he sends the image from Corel Draw. If the take the same image and imports it into Flexi Sign (a large format printing program) and sends it over, it works fine.

Maybe Tony Severenuk has seen something like this?

Scott Challoner
03-05-2008, 11:54 AM
I don't remember where I saw it, but there is at least one tutorial out there for setting up Corel for use with a laser. Could it be something as simple as not turning off color management? Maybe the laser sees a color it doesn't recognize. Just a thought.

Tony Severenuk (Corel)
03-05-2008, 4:03 PM
Maybe Tony Severenuk has seen something like this?

PCL error.....hmmm...has this laser ever worked from this machine? Can you print from other apps (say MS paint) to this machine? Were you doing vector or bitmap cutting at the time?

T.

Richard Rumancik
03-05-2008, 5:09 PM
Consider re-seating the RAM in the laser mainboard. Reseat any I/O connectors on the mainboard as well that might have vibrated loose in shipping. Also maybe try a cable swap (PC to laser). What interface type are you using? (USB?) Any adapters involved? (they are often bad news). Also try to avoid switchboxes/USB hubs etc. Are you running from a laptop or desktop? If a laptop bring in a desktop if you can (at least temporarily) to try it.

Jason Smalling
03-07-2008, 12:00 AM
It was actually getting a PCL error from Corel and Flexi. Flexi just took longer for it to show up. I was using the LPT1 port and parallel cable. I switch to a USB and installed the USB drivers, and it works fine now. All the files send and are received without any problems; even large files. Not sure what the problem could have been with the parallel cable, but atleast it is working great with the USB. Thanks everyone!!