PDA

View Full Version : Question about HFs

David Wilhelm
03-04-2008, 10:25 PM
What qualifies as a HF? Is there a formula for how big the hole has to be for how tall or what the diameter of the item is? Can the piece have voids? Should the inside shape be the same as the outside? What about flat sides or warped shapes? Thanks Will

Keith Burns
03-04-2008, 10:39 PM
What qualifies as a HF? Is there a formula for how big the hole has to be for how tall or what the diameter of the item is? Can the piece have voids? Should the inside shape be the same as the outside? What about flat sides or warped shapes? Thanks Will

No formula as to hole size. Good form is what is important. Voids, yes, the more the better sometimes. Inside should be the same shape as the outside. As far as form, let your imagination run wild, you never know what you might come up with. But keep in mind that it should be pleasing to look at. The main thing is to have fun doing them !

Toney Robertson
03-04-2008, 10:45 PM
No formula as to hole size. Good form is what is important. Voids, yes, the more the better sometimes. Inside should be the same shape as the outside. As far as form, let your imagination run wild, you never know what you might come up with. But keep in mind that it should be pleasing to look at. The main thing is to have fun doing them !

Is it a correct statement to say that HF not utilitarian but only wood art?

Either way I would like to try one as soon as I get the nerve.

Toney

Bernie Weishapl
03-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Ditto what Keith said. A pleasing shape and the inside the same as the outside is key to me. To me hole size is what is pleasing to you.