PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a FiberMark system near Cleveland, Ohio?

Bryan Cowan
03-04-2008, 2:53 PM
Our company is looking into a FiberMark system for marking our products, but we need to perform several tests in order to ensure we want to move forward with this machine.

Epilog has done samples for us in the past without a problem and they are willing to do more, but time is an issue now and we'd like to find someone locally to help, if possible.

We are located near Cleveland, Ohio.

Anyone around this region with a FiberMark 20W system that will let us "play" with it to hone in our requirements?

Thanks,
Bryan

Peck Sidara
03-04-2008, 3:28 PM
Bryan,

Have you tried contacting your local rep Steve Hovest to see if he's sold any machines in that area? In addition to the forums, he's your best bet.

Who did the testing, Epilog's application lab or Steve Hovest? What type of fine tuning is needed?

I know Steve has a demo FiberMark but he's in Findlay.

Let me know and we'll see if there's anything we can do to help.

Bryan Cowan
03-04-2008, 3:39 PM
Bryan,

Have you tried contacting your local rep Steve Hovest to see if he's sold any machines in that area? In addition to the forums, he's your best bet.

Who did the testing, Epilog's application lab or Steve Hovest? What type of fine tuning is needed?

I know Steve has a demo FiberMark but he's in Findlay.

Let me know and we'll see if there's anything we can do to help.

Peck, you were the Mastermind behind the testing back on December 5, 2007 :D

I sent an email to both Bob Henry and Steve Hovest earlier today. I have yet to receive a response, but in addition to that email I also wanted to post on this forum to see if there is anything available locally.

Fine tuning comes down to legibility while not breaking the plating on our product to expose the alloy underneath. You marked two valves of ours that were plated. The end results were a little too faint, but also didn't affect the plating at all. We would like to do more of the plated valves and keep stepping it up to see at which point breaking the plating becomes an issue. This may mean a weekday trip to Findlay if possible and nothing is closer.

Peck Sidara
03-04-2008, 4:01 PM
Peck, you were the Mastermind behind the testing back on December 5, 2007 :D

I sent an email to both Bob Henry and Steve Hovest earlier today. I have yet to receive a response, but in addition to that email I also wanted to post on this forum to see if there is anything available locally.

Fine tuning comes down to legibility while not breaking the plating on our product to expose the alloy underneath. You marked two valves of ours that were plated. The end results were a little too faint, but also didn't affect the plating at all. We would like to do more of the plated valves and keep stepping it up to see at which point breaking the plating becomes an issue. This may mean a weekday trip to Findlay if possible and nothing is closer.

Your name sounded very familiar, I guess I should've cross referenced our applications database prior to responding.:o

Both Bob & Steve are likely catching up from being away at the ARA show last week. I'm sure you'll get a response soon but if you don't and there's no luck finding a Fiber near you, let me know. I'd be more than happy to do some additional testing. I have the applications report & letter for NoShok ready to reference so it's just a matter of submitting more samples.

Take care,

Bryan Cowan
03-04-2008, 6:12 PM
Your name sounded very familiar, I guess I should've cross referenced our applications database prior to responding.:o

Both Bob & Steve are likely catching up from being away at the ARA show last week. I'm sure you'll get a response soon but if you don't and there's no luck finding a Fiber near you, let me know. I'd be more than happy to do some additional testing. I have the applications report & letter for NoShok ready to reference so it's just a matter of submitting more samples.

Take care,

Hopefully they can get back to me by the end of this week. We're in talks with a customer and would like to finalize any concerns we have as soon as possible.

We'll be in touch.

Thanks Peck