PDA

View Full Version : Pens - Pink Conch and Amer. Chestnut

Brian McInturff
03-03-2008, 10:05 PM
The first is Pink Conch shell in a Junior Gent and the Sierra is real American Chestnut. I even have a letter from the University of Minn that authenticates it.:cool:

Steve Schlumpf
03-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Very nice pens Brian! The pink conch has a soft look about it and I am sure it will grab attention when used. The chestnut is simply amazing! Beautiful colors! Nice work on both!

Bernie Weishapl
03-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Nice looking pens. The pink has a certain appeal to it. The chestnut is a great looking pen.

Gary Herrmann
03-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Brian, that conch pen is great! My wife has to have one. Do you mind if I ask you where you got the materials? Is it really just a big shell that you cut to size or does someone sell shell blanks (say that three times fast).

Thanks

Tom Sherman
03-04-2008, 9:36 AM
Very nice pens Brian, I really like the Chestnut looks awesome.

Greg Deemer
03-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Great looking pena!!! I have a Niece that loves pink and this Christmas gift giving is going to be a 'hand made' Christmas. Did you say it is Pink Chonch Shell? If so where did you get that? :confused::confused::confused:

Ben Gastfriend
03-06-2008, 5:25 PM
Really nice pens! The conch is really different, and I really like the grain in that chestnut. Awsome job.

Brian McInturff
03-06-2008, 7:28 PM
Greg,
I'll be out in the shop tomorrow and I'll look and see where I got that. I keep all my invoices out there - -AWAY from the wife:D

Joseph Peacock
03-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Beautiful work Mr.Brain!!:D:cool:

Paul Douglass
03-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Greg,
I'll be out in the shop tomorrow and I'll look and see where I got that. I keep all my invoices out there - -AWAY from the wife:D

Nice pens, for sure.

I hear you on hiding invoices, and it is a real problem trying to get to the mailbox first to get the latest package before she sees it! And, than sneeking it into the work shop! I have UPS deliver to a store I work part time for, so they don't drop packages off at the house!:cool: All the while gripping at her for spending money on groceries!:D

That is half the fun of this hobby!

Brian McInturff
03-08-2008, 1:48 PM
Thanks for the reminder Paul. Actually, I have everything delivered to my work address:D

And for Greg, Here is where I got them
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31736. I think he has a couple left.

Greg Deemer
03-11-2008, 6:13 AM
Thanks Brian... I thought I was the only one hiding receipts and racing to the mail box!!! How funny... It's almost like we have a secrete life and are hiding out in our workshops trying to cover our paper trail... I feel like a 'double-knot-spy' (for those of you that watched 'The Beverly Hillbillies' as a kid).