PDA

View Full Version : Make your own

Bruce Page
03-03-2008, 5:45 PM
Since buying my Woodmaster drum sander last year, I have looked high & low for a DC connector that would fit both the Woodmaster and the female quick connect on my portable DC. I guess the Woodmaster is designed to have a hose connected permanently to it but I live in a mobile base/quick connect world. :rolleyes:

After buying a few plastic adapters, none of which would fit the 4” OD straight tube on the sander, I decided to dust off the old Logan and make my own….

Now all I have to do is clean up the aluminum chips, they’re EVERYWHERE!

Doug Shepard
03-03-2008, 6:20 PM
Very cool. But before you clean up the aluminum, you may as well get this built too http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=42783
:cool:

Joe Chritz
03-03-2008, 6:34 PM
I never even thought of that. Did you start with tubing or solid (gasp!)? I need a few adapters for assorted items around the shop and have resorted to cobbling up some PVC fittings and the like.

I have access to a couple metal lathes, I may just have to do some of that myself. Very nice job.

Just what I needed another project to the list.

Joe

Bruce Page
03-03-2008, 6:49 PM
Very cool. But before you clean up the aluminum, you may as well get this built too http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=42783
:cool:

I never did hear back from Mark. I have that thread bookmarked. Maybe one of these days...

Bruce Page
03-03-2008, 6:52 PM
I never even thought of that. Did you start with tubing or solid (gasp!)? I need a few adapters for assorted items around the shop and have resorted to cobbling up some PVC fittings and the like.

I have access to a couple metal lathes, I may just have to do some of that myself. Very nice job.

Just what I needed another project to the list.

Joe
Joe, I made it from a piece of 4.5 X .5 wall tubing.
If you make one, the taper of the quick connect was 4* - at least on mine..

David DeCristoforo
03-03-2008, 7:23 PM
Now that's a fitting!!!

YM

Ken Fitzgerald
03-03-2008, 7:53 PM
Bruce.....You are talented and I'm jealous!

Bruce Page
03-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Thanks Ken. It's pretty basic stuff if you have the right machines.

Joe Mioux
03-04-2008, 6:14 AM
Huh!, and you keep telling everyone around here and there that you don't do "spinny stuff" :D

Bruce, that connector will probably work better than anything you could have found in plastic.

Very nice!

Joe