PDA

View Full Version : Wixey digital fence gauge

Rocky Ragano
03-03-2008, 4:57 PM
I'm considering buying this Wixey digital fence gauge, so I'm looking for some feedback (pros/cons) from you folks, please. I did do a search and I found some old feedback.

I have an old Craftsman table saw and I'm trying to figure out if it will work with my saw. I downloaded the manual and it helped, but I'm still not sure. Any thoughts, folks?

Thanks,
Rocky

Eric Haycraft
03-03-2008, 5:28 PM
It may not fit out of the box, but it is pretty flexible in its attachment methods so you should easily be able to get it attached with a little effort.

Rocky Ragano
03-04-2008, 6:47 AM
It may not fit out of the box, but it is pretty flexible in its attachment methods so you should easily be able to get it attached with a little effort.

My fence sits on table and rides on a rail. Sometimes I have a need to remove the fence. Does the Wixey gauge attach to the fence? If so, it seems that I could knock it out of alignment if I didn't remember to detach it.

Thanks for your feedback,
Rocky

Eddie Darby
03-04-2008, 7:13 AM
Have you been to the Wixey site to see the installation of this fence?

What type of fence are you using?

http://www.wixey.com/fence/fit/index.html

Rocky Ragano
03-04-2008, 7:24 AM
Have you been to the Wixey site to see the installation of this fence?

What type of fence are you using?

http://www.wixey.com/fence/fit/index.html

I have the stock Craftsman fence that came with the saw. Yes, I visited the site. It looks like one needs to attach something from gauge to fence. I can't tell if it can quickly be unattached, or if one needs to disassemble it from fence when one needs to remove fence.

Thanks,
Rocky

Eric Haycraft
03-04-2008, 8:35 AM
I have the stock Craftsman fence that came with the saw. Yes, I visited the site. It looks like one needs to attach something from gauge to fence. I can't tell if it can quickly be unattached, or if one needs to disassemble it from fence when one needs to remove fence.

Thanks,
Rocky

Wixey attaches to the fence with a magnet; so, yes you don't have to worry about being able to remove the fence.