PDA

View Full Version : my new toy :)

Craig Hogarth
03-03-2008, 1:13 PM
I went to vegas last week looking to add more non engravabe products to my store. I looked hard at CLTT, but ended up with http://www.photomugs.com/crystal_package.php.

It uses a specialized transfer film and glue to transfer inkjet ink onto flat crystal and glass using a UV light to cure the ink. The end product is a true eye catcher and the beauty is that once printed, it takes about 3 minutes to complete the process once the image has been printed.

I haven't worked out pricing yet, but I'm sure I'll charge a higher price than I would on a similar piece if it were laser engraved.

btw, i posted earlier about www.minibackboards.com and got a chance to see the product at the show. We ended up ordering a few of them to test the market. The website doesn't do justice to the actual piece. It's pretty heavy duty and not at all cheap looking.

Gary Shoemake
03-03-2008, 4:04 PM
You can get the same thing from David Takes at Expressions Engraved. I have been using that system and currently have over 60 different styles and sizes. If you would like any info PM me with contact info.

Gary Shoemake
03-09-2008, 4:27 PM
Good luck with this line. I have had good sucess with them. It looks like you don't need more info.

Craig Hogarth
03-09-2008, 5:35 PM
Thanks Gary. sorry for not replying earlier.

They forgot to ship me the transfer paper and glue so it hasn't been used yet. I'm sure that I'll be getting in touch with you when I get the rest of the stuff.

I'm looking forward to this. I don't have any demos and I already have a little over $200 in sales last week from photo crystal. Hopefully, it's easy to pick up on.

Gary Shoemake
03-09-2008, 6:10 PM
Craig can you give me a phone number.I have some info that may save you some time and $$$