PDA

View Full Version : pricing job

Don Necaise
03-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Hi everyone
I am trying to get a idea of what to charge for doing wine glasses for weddings and also doing the thermark process on cake knives.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

David H. Mitchell
03-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Don,
We do wine glasses for a local winery on a fairly regular basis. They normally bring about 100 glasses at a time. The job takes about 20-30 seconds to run each piece. I charge them .50 per piece.

Dave

Phyllis Meyer
03-03-2008, 1:33 PM
Hi Don,

The wedding/special occasion market has caused us to take a second look at what we were charging. We charge $10 per glass (that's using our glass)! That includes any engraving even if their name is Bob or Roberta. If they insist on bringing their glasses we charge $8, plus we ask them to bring extra glasses/mugs just in case of flaws...our closes competitor even charges them to just bring in their glassware!

We looked into our local engraving companies in our closest mall and actually approached them with all the necessary questions about their engraving services. We were floored by what they charged, and the customers were gladly paying it! Our prices are still a bargain!

We then not only get the toasting glasses-beer mug...we also have our vases, picture frames, key rings, knives, and other goodies for the wedding on hand for samples!

If you want to email me about more specific ideas, I would be happy to answer any other questions.

We also engrave glassware for non-profit organizations, and of course we have different pricing for them!

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

Don Necaise
03-03-2008, 3:30 PM
Phyllis
I notice the Green Bay Logo. AAre you a Brett Favre Fan? I Live in the Kiln
and went to school with him

Phyllis Meyer
03-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Fan enough to brave the frozen tundra of Lamabeau Field for the NFC championship game!

You went to school with him fantastic! Was he a nice guy?

P.S. Check your private message folder.

Don Necaise
03-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Yes
He and his family were great. I played baseball for his dad for years

Phyllis Meyer
03-04-2008, 1:04 PM
That is awesome Don, what great memories you must have. I just heard that he has announced his retirement. Sad day but...what a career and what a run for the Packers!