PDA

View Full Version : 4 X 4 X 1/2 Box

James & Zelma Litzmann
03-03-2008, 9:35 AM
Hey everyone, I could have added this to the last thread but I was afraid you would think it was the same post with nothing added.

This box may still need some help but this is what I came up with so far, I hope some of you can use this, maybe improve it where it is just what you need. I am not a designer by any means, so please if you have constructive criticism, be kind.

Thanks for all your help!

George D Gabert
03-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Another quick thought. No gluing works with any construction paper or posterboard.

Black = Cut. Red = Fold

GDG

James & Zelma Litzmann
03-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Hey, George, thanks! I'll have to wait until I get home to get this one though, I only have Corel 11 here, 13 at home. It looks really good in PDF.

Thanks again.

George D Gabert
03-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Try this

GDG

James & Zelma Litzmann
03-03-2008, 1:10 PM
George, hope you don't mind, took your design and added slip closure (not what my husband called it but that's what I'll call it).

Maybe someone can use this as much as I can.

Thanks again.

George D Gabert
03-03-2008, 1:56 PM
You may also want to make the closure slot in the flap a rectangle to help with inserting the tab. We tried the tab method but it gets clumsy to insert tab when box is full.

We leave the ends square and use a decorative piece tape with business info.

Good fun
GDG

Kevin L. Waldron
03-06-2008, 4:54 PM
Not trying to rain on your parade but many of the Cad Programs have modeling capabilities. Chief Architect does for sure. Take a house or a simple box and ask the program to print a model, and it will lay it out flat(2d) so that it can be cut out. It can then be cut or folded so that it can be put together in a (3d) model. Never tired it on a laser but it produces a print file, pdf, dxf or other.

Maybe there's a market for models?

Thanks,

Kevin

George D Gabert
03-06-2008, 5:05 PM
That is true. We use SolidWorks for the design and send file to box tooling maker. I did the above boxes and exported to DXF and into Corel.

GDG