PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need to get sliding table for Minimax SC3

Noah Levy
03-03-2008, 8:59 AM
Someone is giving me a Minimax SC3 (1993 model). It works fine but the sliding table is missing. I'm guessing the table was originally made of steel as opposed to aluminum. Minimax wasn't sure and they do not have the tables available anyway. Does anyone have any ideas how I could get the thing operational? It's really a nice saw otherwise. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cliff Rohrabacher
03-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Maybe you can retro fit a Felder table to it.

Steven Wilson
03-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Noah, do you have a manual for that saw (or parts diagram)? If you can find the part then ask Minimax in Austin, SCMI in Atlanta, or corporate in Italy if that part is available or at least if they have engineering drawings, part diagrams, etc for the machine. Next, make a drawing of the cabinet where the sliding table mounting locations are. Locate on that drawing relevant dimensions. From there you may be able to find other sliding tables that may be able to be retrofit (say an older Felder) to the saw. This is likely to turn in a multi-year rather expensive project.

Noah Levy
03-03-2008, 3:23 PM
I have the part number but I don't think MM or SCMI has the sliding table available (they're still checking but it doesn't look good). I thought it's possible someone has one lying around or other advice though. Believe me, I have young kids and a wife who isn't enamored by old "arn", so I'm not spending too long searching. Unfortunately, the saw goes into the scrap heap in two weeks if I strike out with the table. That would be a shame!