PDA

View Full Version : Possible tool gloat

James Sweeney
03-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Hey guys, wanted to get into dovetails, never tried either using a machine or by hand. Read a lot about them though in this forum. I decided to go with the Akeda after viewing a couple video's. Don't want to spend the time right now to learn to do them by hand. Seems like a simple to use tool. I went to woodcraft site last night and checket out the DC-16V it was on closeout for 245.99, so I read more and saw the DC-16V with the DC accessory Kit for 289.99. Not bad I thought since the DC accessory kit was on closeout for 99.99 by itself. Then I noticed when I added to my cart, there was an additional 10% off, so I got the DC-16v with the accessory kit which includes all the pin guides one each of the 7, 9, 11, 14, and 20 degree dovetail bits, one each of the standard, undersized, and oversized straights bits, the dust collector kit, and the sliding dovetail template for 261, plus about 13.00 for shipping. Not bad, under 275.00 for the whole kit shipped, I couldn't pass it up.

Gary Breckenridge
03-03-2008, 12:38 AM
;)I'm so cheap that when I see a new tool or technique that interests me I'll try it on the cheap. I tried both machine and hand cut dovetails for almost no money and decided that I like dowels, half lap joints and rabbet joints better. I choose to invest my money in wine, women and song.;)

Phil Thien
03-03-2008, 8:23 AM
I choose to invest my money in wine, women and song.;)

That is the best example of investing for a negative return that I've ever seen. ;)

Rick Gifford
03-03-2008, 9:11 AM
I choose to invest my money in wine, women and song.;)

Just like the stock market. You might go broke but it can be one wild ride!