PDA

View Full Version : Vega lathes

Wolf Kiessling
03-15-2004, 1:13 PM
Anybody ever hear of, or know anything about, Vega lathes? Particularly the model 1596 with and without the inverter system.

I just received a link to their web site and until now didn't even know that anybody in the USA still built lathes.

Steve Clardy
03-15-2004, 3:52 PM
Wolf. I have a good friend that has one. Don't know the model, but it's very well built. 8' bed I think. He also has a duplicator for it. Thats about all I know about it except He really likes it.
PS. Where is Duncan from Turpin, Okla.? I ought to know, but can't remember. I went to school in Turpin, 6-12 grades. Graduated 1969. Heres my Hempel Ch-12 semi-auto lathe. Weighs 3000#s.
Steve

Dick Parr
03-15-2004, 5:23 PM
Now there is a pen making machine. :p You can make them two at a time. :D

Wolf Kiessling
03-15-2004, 5:34 PM
Wolf. I have a good friend that has one. Don't know the model, but it's very well built. 8' bed I think. He also has a duplicator for it. Thats about all I know about it except He really likes it.
PS. Where is Duncan from Turpin, Okla.? I ought to know, but can't remember. I went to school in Turpin, 6-12 grades. Graduated 1969. Heres my Hempel Ch-12 semi-auto lathe. Weighs 3000#s.
Steve

Don't know of any Turpin, OK, Steve. I never heard of it and it's not on my map. There is a Turley near Tulsa. I'm sure that's not it though.

Duncan is 30 miles east of Lawton and about 85 miles south west of OKC.

That is one heck of a piece of machinery you got there. I'll bet you don't move it to sweep underneath it.

Steve Clardy
03-15-2004, 8:20 PM
Now there is a pen making machine. :p You can make them two at a time. :D
Ha. Yea. Never tried anything that small with it. Would probably throw it back at me. lol
I turn staircase balistors, newel posts, table legs, etc. with it. Steve

Steve Clardy
03-15-2004, 8:26 PM
Don't know of any Turpin, OK, Steve. I never heard of it and it's not on my map. There is a Turley near Tulsa. I'm sure that's not it though.

Duncan is 30 miles east of Lawton and about 85 miles south west of OKC.

That is one heck of a piece of machinery you got there. I'll bet you don't move it to sweep underneath it.

Yea Wolf. Guess you are way the other way in Okie land. TUrpin is in the panhandle. I do have a brother-in-law in Lawton.
And yes, I don't move the lathe for sweeping.
:rolleyes: STeve