PDA

View Full Version : What style is this table ?

Barry Bruner
03-02-2008, 8:18 PM
I found this picture and no information on it. My question is, what style is this table? I like the table very much and would like to give it a try. Has anyone seen a book or plans for this table or have any information about it. I would be very appreciative for your assistance. Sorry that the picture quality is not any better than it is. Barry Bruner

Brandon Shew
03-02-2008, 8:29 PM
I'm no furniture expert, but I can tell you that it's not Queen Anne, Mission, Art Nouveau, Chippendale, Rococo, Louis XV, Loius XVI or Modern. It has some Shaker elements to it, but it's a little more ornate than Shaker typically tends to be. Maybe one of the period experts will chime in.

David DeCristoforo
03-02-2008, 8:29 PM
"Sheraton" style, I believe.

YM

Peter Quinn
03-02-2008, 8:52 PM
Yoshikuni..I've stayed at the Sheraton and they don't have any tables like that in the rooms!:eek::eek::eek:Just kidding.

David DeCristoforo
03-02-2008, 8:54 PM
Ya...that's "contemporary Sheraton" (AKA "ersatz Sheraton").... not the same thing at all...

YM

Cody Colston
03-02-2008, 9:48 PM
I found a similar one online that is called a Waitsfield table. http://vtfurnitureworks.com/furniture/cetables/cet_waitsfield.htm

Barry Bruner
03-03-2008, 6:11 PM
The Waitsfield table that was in the attachment that Cody sent looks exactly like it. The more I look at the table the more I like it but the legs look like they are made out of 1 1/2 inch stock or less. I am not very good with a lathe, so this might get real interesting before I get done. I have a Vega duplicator, so that might help. Thanks for your help. Barry Bruner

Sam Yerardi
03-03-2008, 6:33 PM
Both tables are examples of the Sheraton style.

Barry Bruner
03-03-2008, 7:24 PM
I think I see what you are saying, it is Waitsfield`s version of a Sheradon period table. The Townsend knee hole desk was in the Victorian period and not the Townsend period. What would your guess be on the deminsion of one of the legs. Barry Bruner