PDA

View Full Version : Question about my new compressor

Todd Warren
03-02-2008, 8:00 PM
hey guys i kind of feel stupid asking this, but i just bought a makita mac2400 and fired it up for the first time and going by the instructions, i am supposed to allow it to sit until "cut off" pressure is reached, then the compressor will shut down allowing me to adjust the psi with the regulator knob. i have made sure the valves are closed and am following the instructions, however he machine has been running for about 30 minutes and my psi reads 20 and the machine is still running, how long should i expect to wait on start up?

Sean Kinn
03-02-2008, 8:08 PM
Something doesn't sound right. Re-confirm all the valves are closed, and re-check all procedures. My 4 gallon dewalt comes up to 120 psi in about 2 minutes at the very most....and thats only on a cold day when it starts out slow.

John-Paul Murphy
03-02-2008, 8:19 PM
definitely a problem. my twin stack takes about 5 minutes from 0 psi to pressure up. unplug and check for leaks. It should be easy to find with that much blowing by.
if that is the problem.;)

Dale Lesak
03-02-2008, 8:51 PM
Todd, check and make sure your tank drain is closed. Check all fittings that they are tight. check the air cleaner / intake that it is not got something blocking the incoming air. (Plastic bag or shipping foam) also check the high pressure pop off that is is seated properly. some times the valve stem gets bent in shipping and won't let it seat all the way. Dale

Kyle Costlow
03-02-2008, 9:16 PM
Make sure there is Teflon tape around all the fittings..I forgot to do that when I got my air compressor, now it works great.

Todd Warren
03-02-2008, 9:23 PM
ended up being a block in the intake left from packaging, after i unblocked it, it powered up in about a minute. works great.
thank you all for your help.

Burt Alcantara
03-31-2008, 8:13 PM
I just got this compressor and am experiencing the same thing - no psi. I'll check for blockages but there doesn't seem to be much to check. The drain valve is closed. I'll try taping up the hose.

However, there is a separate component that came with it that is not mentioned anywhere in the manual. It sort of resembles a car filter. I don't know what to do with this (if anything) or where it plugs in.

Your help is very much needed and appreciated!

Thanks,
bobland

Burt Alcantara
03-31-2008, 8:20 PM
Unit is damaged. The copper hose from the piston to the tank has damaged fins. There is substantial air leaking from this hose. Will call Amazon for a replacement.

Argghhh.....
bobland