PDA

View Full Version : Tool Gloat

Bobby McCarley
03-02-2008, 7:39 PM
Well, after many months of searching the internet looking for a used drum sander in good shape and at a reasonable price, I had just about given up. Most were too far away to make them feasable to go get. Well, yesterday, I became the proud owner of a 16-32 Performax. It is in excelent condition and looks like it was hardly ever used. It is bigger than what started out looking for but was too good to pass up.

I guess it pays to not give up.

Bobby
Louisiana

Alan Trout
03-02-2008, 8:15 PM
Congratulations, It looks to be in very good conditions.

Good Luck

Alan

Grant Vanbokklen
03-02-2008, 9:00 PM
just curious, what is the going price for these new? And are the older Performax units made in America, and if so would that affect the price of a used unit?

Oh yeah, you suck!

Greg Muller
03-02-2008, 9:10 PM
Bobby,
you have 2 of the three recessary points for a gloat;
1) Pics :)
2) a cool tool (or material) :cool:

but #3 is a good price...
What did ya give fer it?:confused:

Greg

Bobby McCarley
03-02-2008, 9:17 PM
Grant,
Woodcraft has this sander in their catalog listed for 849.99. From what I'm told, the newer ones are imports and don't stand up to the older models made in the USA. Also, I believe that Jet bought out the rights for this type sander and it is no longer made by Performax.

The gentleman I bought this from was asking 500 for it. Considering the condition it was in and the fact that it is an older model and made in the USA, it was a good deal.

Bobby