PDA

View Full Version : MM16 blade Question

kelly logan
03-02-2008, 5:50 PM
I am considering a MM16 for resawing. Been doing research on the net and downloaded the manual for the 16 and it says in there that it is not recommend to run the 1 inch carbide blade because the wheel dia. is to small. Any of you out there came across this problem?

Doug Shepard
03-02-2008, 6:50 PM
That's interesting because I bought the 1" Tri-Master from them when I bought the MM16. They knew it was going on a MM16 and didnt voice any concerns then. I haven't had any issues and it cuts fantastic. Very little if any sanding is needed to clean up afterwards.

Jim Becker
03-02-2008, 7:19 PM
A few years ago when that downloadable manual was written, the Lenox blade was made differently. Since then, Lenox has changed the blade stock to allow for longer life on smaller wheels. You should have no issues running a Lenox 1" carbide tipped blade on your soon to be new MM16 as long as you properly tension and detension the blade for and after cutting.

Mac Cambra
03-02-2008, 7:23 PM
Minimax as part of the special when I bought my MM16 sold me both a carbide and non-carbide 1" blade. I have used both with no issue and excellent results. My MM16 has been one of my tools that I have had no complaints with.

Get the 1" blade and don't worry about it.

warren kafitz
03-02-2008, 7:25 PM
I am considering a MM16 for resawing. Been doing research on the net and downloaded the manual for the 16 and it says in there that it is not recommend to run the 1 inch carbide blade because the wheel dia. is to small. Any of you out there came across this problem?

I had that problem with my lenox 1" carbide blade. I used it for 10 months and then small cracks developed in the blade backing, probably has 5 cracks spaced around the blade. The carbide teeth were still sharp. I had thought lenox had fixed the problem, but I don't know for sure, I would give them a call before you spend the money.
Warren

Faust M. Ruggiero
03-02-2008, 9:07 PM
Hi Kelly,
I bought a 1" Lennox Carbide blade from MiniMax when I bought my saw. I use it only for resaw. I have been careful to de-tension the blade prior to leaving the shop at night and only re-tension it prior to use. To keep from turning on the saw with no tension on the blade (It's no fun getting old) I merely open the locking knob on the top door. That opens the safety micro switch and won't allow the saw to run. Tension the blade tightly for re-sawing functions, set the fence to follow the blade tracking and have a ball.
Faust Ruggiero