PDA

View Full Version : Cityscape Ornaments

Dennis Solomon
03-02-2008, 1:29 PM
Hi All! I'm looking through the new (March 2008) A&E magazine this morning and I came across Tom "Buzz" Bernard's story about "Business Plan Or Marketing Plan". What cool ornaments! (I especially like the one from Savannah since the church where I graduated High School is in it!)

If any of you have a chance to take a look at this article, how are these pictures processed? Are they photos sent through Photoshop? Or are they great actual sketches? Since I'm now in Charleston, SC, I have an onslaught of photos of the historical buildings in this area and a great market for these.

While I'm at it... How is the paper being glued to the acrylic with out it becoming all wrinkled?

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated! In the mean time, I'll keep playing!

Nancy

Peter Meacham
03-02-2008, 7:43 PM
Nancy

I think the process is that the pictures themselves are printed on a printer and then glued (spray adhesive?) to the substrate such as acrylic or Masonite that is cut out with a laser engraver - Tom Buzz is a member of the forum, perhaps he can provide more information about the process, such as how the paper does not get wrinkled.

Pete

Michael Kowalczyk
03-03-2008, 2:17 PM
Hi All! I'm looking through the new (March 2008) A&E magazine this morning and I came across Tom "Buzz" Bernard's story about "Business Plan Or Marketing Plan". What cool ornaments! (I especially like the one from Savannah since the church where I graduated High School is in it!)

If any of you have a chance to take a look at this article, how are these pictures processed? Are they photos sent through Photoshop? Or are they great actual sketches? Since I'm now in Charleston, SC, I have an onslaught of photos of the historical buildings in this area and a great market for these.

While I'm at it... How is the paper being glued to the acrylic with out it becoming all wrinkled?

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated! In the mean time, I'll keep playing!

Nancy

Nancy,
Go right to the source and ask. Here is the link to find out exactly how to do it.

http://www.laserbuzz.com/otherproducts/index.htm

Hope this helps...