PDA

View Full Version : EB3 - Osborne's Exceptional Service

scott spencer
03-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Without rehashing too many of the details, I wanted to give credit where credit is due. David Osborne recently got involved and personally straightened out an issue with a 4-5 year old EB-3.

My good friend and fellow Creeker, Tom Pritchard, got a defective EB-3 some years ago. In the process of trying to get it fixed/replaced, he ended up with 3 defective EB-3s in a row, and ultimately got fed up with the hassle and moved on to another gauge after several months of frustration. He passed his EB-3 on to me about a year later, which I was actually able to get replacement parts for eventually. As I often do with my tools, I wrote a review of the EB-3 (http://www.epinions.com/review/Osborne_EB_3_Miter_Guide/content_213366771332) and Tom's experience on an amateur review site called Epinions.com. Given the circumstances, it was a fairly unflattering review, but I did my best to be factual and fair...it was not a scathing editorial. Some years later (recently), a concerned customer sent David Osborne a link of the review, and David followed up with a personal comment to the review that offered some interesting insights of the history of the EB-3, along with an offer to send Tom another gauge. Tom got in touch with Mr. Osborne and another gauge was sent within a couple of days. This time Tom was able to dial the gauge in accurately without the previous problems.

Long story short....this is exceptional CS IMHO, in spite of the fact that the issue occurred quite a while ago. I've responded by giving the review a hefty over haul, and removed most of the negatives that applied to the debacle with the earlier gauges. In the end, Tom and I both ended up with functioning EB-3s, and somewhere along the way an unfortunate situation became "win/win". Thank you Mr. Osborne!

Rob Will
03-02-2008, 1:14 PM
I just purchased an EB-3 from Osborne as well. It works great and fits my PM74 table like it was made for it. Thanks for a great miter gauge.

Rob

Don L Johnson
03-02-2008, 5:06 PM
Based on a recent sale, I ordered, and just received mine. I'm looking forward to using it very soon. It's nice to see good customer service. I'm sure it would have been properly resolved the same in the past if Mr. Osborne was aware of the situation at that time...hope so at least!!