PDA

View Full Version : Air Locker 23 ga Pinner?

Dana Vogel
03-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Hello everyone, I just received a new Air Locker 23 ga pinner and have a question for those of you who have one. Does the safety release bar get in the way of using the pinner in close or tight areas? and does it seem to be a bit tight when pressing the pinner down to release the trigger safety? Also right out of the box the pinner has difficulty driving 1-3/16" pins in pine plywood. This pinner is on it's way back for a replacement but I still have concerns about the safety release bar.:confused::confused:

Gordon Harner
03-02-2008, 10:59 AM
I've been looking at this pinner. I'm interested in an evaluation too.

Dana Vogel
03-02-2008, 11:24 AM
From the limited reviews or comments on this pinner I was impressed until
I actually got my hands on one. Goes to show you how we are all not alike in our expectations, I expect a tool to work properly without any fuss, the fussiness is suppose to have been worked out.

Joe Chritz
03-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Can't comment on that one but I will say I just bought a pinner (bostich from menard's) and I can't see how I lasted so long without one.

For doing finished sides of cabinets and trim molding it is exactly the ticket.

There is a weird trigger handle on the Bostich that is unlike anything I ever used and it took some getting used to.

One cool thing about the micro pins is you can shoot a long time before reloading. There are a lot in that little stack.

Joe

Curt Harms
03-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Hello everyone, I just received a new Air Locker 23 ga pinner and have a question for those of you who have one. Does the safety release bar get in the way of using the pinner in close or tight areas? and does it seem to be a bit tight when pressing the pinner down to release the trigger safety? Also right out of the box the pinner has difficulty driving 1-3/16" pins in pine plywood. This pinner is on it's way back for a replacement but I still have concerns about the safety release bar.:confused::confused:

I have had no problem driving pins 1 3/16" pins into oak. My safety is a little rough but works okay. One issue related to the safety is that the nose will not get closer than 3/16" to a vertical surface due to the circular safety mechanism. A gun with a double trigger safety and no wire loop around the nose would be better. On the other hand, there are pin guns with NO safety! I got mine for $39+shipping a few years ago. It's not a Grex or Nickel(sp?) but mine does drive pins as it's intended to do. Fit & finish are somewhat crude.

HTH

Curt