PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed from 22104 owners!!

Brian Kirby
03-01-2008, 10:20 PM
First post for me and I'm asking if fellow 22104 owners out there could help me by sending me a copy (possibly PM not sure if it's possible) of the parts list for this saw. I just picked one up (From Steel City closeout) and wouldn't you know while we where transporting it we manage to snap off the blade raising handle and snap the raising bar. I wanted to order parts without having to wait for the craftsman manual to come in the mail. Hoping to get this running soon so I can post some gloat photos I have been accumilating. Thanks.

J. Z. Guest
03-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Heckuva first post Brian. Welcome to Sawmill Creek. :D

Just for those of us who don't memorize every part no. for every mfr., you might want to state exactly what a 22014 is. (Steel City bandsaw?)

Andy Haney
03-01-2008, 10:29 PM
When I was considering the saw I think I did.

Andy

Brian Kirby
03-01-2008, 11:14 PM
It was that easy the 22104 is the craftsman hybrid table saw that orion makes for Sears. You canot get the manual online. You can't get it anywhere online that I can find. Steel City is associated with Orion and some of there parts are exactly the same, but it would probably be easier to get them through Sears. I'm hoping that someone who has the saw can help me out. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thomas Williams
03-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Brian:
You can down load the parts diagrams here: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/retrieveModelAction!retrieveModelDetails.action?mo delNumber=152221040&productCategoryId=0744600&brandId=0247&methd:retrieveModelDetails=x

Or go to Sears parts and search Model 15222104

glenn bradley
03-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Steel City is associated with Orion and some of there parts are exactly the same, but it would probably be easier to get them through Sears.

First, welcome. Second, Tom's link for the exploded view is good but forget Sears for parts if possible. I found them completely clueless when it comes to parts and service questions on the Orion products.

Call Colleen Englert at Orion/Steel City during regular Pittsburgh, PA business hours - 800 897 7709. She will probably be able to help you with just a description of the damage.

I got the best results via phone but after initial contact I also reached her via:
colleen@oriontools.net (colleen@oriontools.net)
- or -
colleen@steelcitytoolworks.net (http://us.f822.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=colleen@steelcitytoolworks.net)

scott spencer
03-02-2008, 6:07 AM
Many of the internal parts are the same or similar with the Steel City saws. They have online manuals (http://steelcitytoolworks.com/products/35670/35670_manual.pdf) for their hybrids that might offer some insights. Page 38 shows the assembly that I think you need.

Brian Kirby
03-02-2008, 9:14 AM
Thanks guys I will try all your suggestions and let you know how it works out. I know Steel City closed out it's Pittsburgh division so I am not sure if those contacts are still good.

Brian Kirby
03-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Mr. Williams I was using the wrong sears code. Anyways I was able to get all the parts ordered and I will post some pics when everything is ready. This is why I posted my problem here there is always someone who can help you out. Thanks again. Brian