PDA

View Full Version : another unknown wood

curtis rosche
03-01-2008, 7:44 PM
i just got this today i got about 100lbs from and orchard for only $1:eek:
i think its either peach, plum, or apple i got 7 peices and all of them have atleast one good size burl but i dont know what it is when i took off a peice it kinda smelled like cut grass

Scott Lux
03-02-2008, 9:04 AM
Boy, I need to go shopping with you!!

Excellent find. I love turning fruit woods, they smell and look great. Be sure to seal them fast. I know apple checks quickly and badly. I'm betting the others will too.

Great find.

Lux

curtis rosche
03-02-2008, 9:31 AM
i got these at a local orchard i saw that they had cut some down and every tree the cut had burls:eek: but from the looks of it because a bit of the good ones were cut in half it looked like it was just going to become firewood:eek::eek::mad::mad: im going to see if ican get on their list of people because they have a huge orchard peaches apples cherrys pears everything that grows in pa

robert hainstock
03-02-2008, 4:03 PM
POretty much any fruitwood is good turning stock. Hope you have some anchor seal. all of it checks badly. :D:eek:
Bob
Love your tag!

John Shuk
03-02-2008, 6:29 PM
Kinda looks like Black Cherry to me.

This is a case it is helpful for people to have their location at the top of their posts. Could help make more educated guesses

curtis rosche
03-02-2008, 7:21 PM
on the ground around them there where rotten fruit it looked either like apple or peach the wood smells like apples so it must be apple

what is a good sealer and where to get it