PDA

View Full Version : Ben Franklin Chair/Stool

Rob Franz
02-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Has anyone made one of these?

Saw it in a Skymall magazine last night, flying back from Vegas.

I like it.

Does the height of the seat look a little high though?

Rob

Dwain Lambrigger
02-29-2008, 11:00 PM
I had the same idea on a flight last month. I even tore the picture out iand am staring at it right now! I wanted to build one, I thought it was a great idea. I am going to do this in 2008. At least that is my goal.

David DeCristoforo
02-29-2008, 11:06 PM
"Does the height of the seat look a little high though?"

Not for Ben Franklin....he was only 5' 4".....

YM

Rob Franz
03-01-2008, 12:13 AM
I had the same idea on a flight last month. I even tore the picture out iand am staring at it right now! I wanted to build one, I thought it was a great idea. I am going to do this in 2008. At least that is my goal.

Skymall is the best. I fly way to often, and it is my vice. They have great stuff.

I think I will build one out of walnut.It will look nice in my den/study.

Rob

Dan Lee
03-01-2008, 10:29 AM
If you're interested in plans for one checkout a a book titled The Essential Pine Book

Rob Franz
03-01-2008, 11:06 AM
If you're interested in plans for one checkout a a book titled The Essential Pine Book

Howdy neighbor
Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

By the way, were in the same industry as well.

Rob

Brian Kent
03-01-2008, 12:22 PM
I just bought the plans from woodcraftplans.com. They are full scale plans.

If I buy wood I'll make it out of walnut. Otherwise, since it will be for a church library, I might recycle the white oak from a broken pew in the church basement.

Keith Starosta
03-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Just to save some time for other folks, it's listed a "Library Step Stool" at that website.

Looks like a nice project...

- Keith

Dan Lee
03-01-2008, 3:24 PM
Howdy neighbor
Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

By the way, were in the same industry as well.

Rob

Hey Rob
Check it out at amazon, if you decide you might want to make it I can loan you the book I have it around somplace. I it bought for that stool but haven't gotten around to yet.
Dan

Bill Franklin
03-02-2008, 12:12 AM
This has actually been on my list of things to do for some time, I have a friend who wants to do one as well. I would like to hear how you like working with the plan you purchased.

Thanks, Bill

Gary Keedwell
03-02-2008, 12:14 AM
This has actually been on my list of things to do for some time, I have a friend who wants to do one as well. I would like to hear how you like working with the plan you purchased.

Thanks, Bill
`Hey Bill....are you related to Ben?:D

Gary

Rob Franz
03-02-2008, 7:30 PM
Hey Rob
Check it out at amazon, if you decide you might want to make it I can loan you the book I have it around somplace. I it bought for that stool but haven't gotten around to yet.
Dan

I'm sorry I didnt see your offer earlier. I already ordered one, along with a few more things from Amazon. It was .15 cents used.. Can't beat that.

Thanks for the offer though.

Rob