PDA

View Full Version : Couple of shop pics

Leigh Betsch
02-29-2008, 10:15 PM
A few pics of my shop and tols.

I keep the really cool tools behind the plastic curtain in a hepa filtered enviroment. Moore jig borer, benchtop CNC mill, couple of computers for design and CNC programing, precision measuring stuff...

Jim O'Dell
02-29-2008, 11:40 PM
Ok, not fair putting pictures of the Mini Max showroom up!! :D Very nice shop Leigh!. I'll let the others say it's not dirty enough. ;) Jim.

Greg Peterson
03-01-2008, 12:04 AM
To big:rolleyes:. I'd get lost in there. I'm sure it works well for you.

Nice shop. Very nice. You do production work in there I take it?

gary Zimmel
03-01-2008, 12:09 AM
Leigh

Great looking shop.. Thats a setup where you could get a lot of work done.

Dave Verstraete
03-01-2008, 7:58 AM
A few pics of my shop and tols.

I keep the really cool tools behind the plastic curtain in a hepa filtered enviroment. Moore jig borer, benchtop CNC mill, couple of computers for design and CNC programing, precision measuring stuff...

Moore Jigborer? CNC Mill?? CNC Programming??? am I beginning to sense another metalworker that has strayed from his profession?

Leigh Betsch
03-01-2008, 8:54 AM
no real work just fun

gary Zimmel
03-01-2008, 8:58 AM
Leigh, what size is the shop?

Jim Becker
03-01-2008, 9:22 AM
That's a wonderful space, Leigh! Rooooooooommmmmmmmmm to work!

Michael Gibbons
03-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Looks like you could use a few more rows of lights. just my opinion.

Steve Rozmiarek
03-02-2008, 2:48 PM
Leigh, I just about ran into a pronghorn like yours yesterday. Not exactly bright animals. Nice shop!

Bruce Page
03-02-2008, 3:58 PM
Leigh, that’s a nice old #1 Moore jig borer. I had a Sip in my shop for awhile but traded it for a turret mill & lathe.
Great looking shop.

Terry Sparks
03-02-2008, 4:45 PM
Leigh, will you marry me?

Leigh Betsch
03-02-2008, 8:50 PM
I agree I'm short of lights, gotta work on that. :rolleyes:
The shop is heated and air conditioned 22 x 50 and is just one corner of a 45 x 90 metal building. I have two other empty rooms 16 x 16 and 16 x 32 for added expansion. They need some work but I consider them "space inventory" just in case my metal hobby gets to be as large as my wood hobby.
The tractor, horse, motorcycle and general mechanic work are in the cold side of the building. Then there is the 15 x 20 heated kennel for my trained killers, (hunting dogs).
And just in case I start to get crowded I have another 40 x 60 building waiting to be converted into something useful, along with a 30 x 40 pole shed that I could move the horse into.

You are right I used to make my profession as a tool and die maker but I'm now an engineer, and do wood and metal for hobbies.

I dropped a few $'s at Mini Max but now I'm set up for life.

Greg Muller
03-02-2008, 9:24 PM
Leigh,
Nice shop! Spacious, clean, well outfitted!
I don't see dust collection...did you incorporate it in your poured concrete floor, or is your space ventilated using another method?

Gotta say...I'm a bit jealous. Something like that is in my future plans once the little'uns are shipped off to college.

Greg

Roger Warford
03-02-2008, 9:32 PM
I have two other empty rooms 16 x 16 and 16 x 32 for added expansion...

You have more expansion room than I have in my entire shop! In fact, the square footage in your shop exceeds that in my whole house. And the toys...

Now, where's my lottery ticket... ;)

Leigh Betsch
03-02-2008, 9:56 PM
My dust collection is very inadiquate. I have a 2 stage delta that I really want to replace with a central cyclone. Since I have to drag the delta to every machine I often don't use it. Makes for a lot of clean up. The next purchase will be a cyclone and piping.
I have 3 little'uns in college right now, which explains why the DC is still on the wish list.

Don Bullock
03-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Wow, what a space and it's well equipped to boot. I'd love a space like that for my shop, cars and dogs.

Mike Wilkins
03-03-2008, 6:17 PM
Great looking shop space. Question about the ceiling material. Photos do not really show what kind of material it is. Looks reflective.
Thanks.

Dave Verstraete
03-03-2008, 7:24 PM
Leigh

I knew when I saw the Jig Bore that there was another toolmaker on this site. It took me a while to get used to working with wood. Sawdust or Grinder dust ...hmmm.. which is the worst??

Have fun!

Leigh Betsch
03-03-2008, 8:08 PM
Ceiling is white corrugated metal. The walls are white FRP panels. Before I bought the place it was used as a 12 run indoor dog kennel. So it was built to be water proof. The bad part is that the floor slopes to a gutter. But at least the floor is flat and smooth, although not level.
A couple of pics of my shop tools:
Including a 1928 South Bend metal lathe that I'm restoring.

Joe Mioux
03-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Nice Antelope

joe

ps, shop is nice too. ;)

Kevin French
03-04-2008, 11:50 AM
That's not a SHOP, that's a GLOAT!

YOU SUCK!