PDA

View Full Version : 14" Craftsman bandsaw re-saw blade ??

David Gunn
02-29-2008, 5:25 PM
I have the 14" Craftsman bandsaw and I am about to order a couple of blades. Since this saw uses a 99-3/4 blade, I would like to hear from other owners what they use. I need a re-saw blade and a general purpose blade. Do you use a 1/2" or a 3/4" blade for re-sawing? Will the bandsaw tension a 3/4" blade? I am leaning heavy toward Timberwolf blades. I hear Lenox or Woodslicer are good too, but do they make a blade to fit my saw?

Edit to correct length.

Scott Vigder
02-29-2008, 5:43 PM
Lenox just sent me a new blade today for that same bandsaw. Their website is very detailed and helps guide you through the different tooth types and teeth-per-inch requirements you have.

Ryan Eldridge
02-29-2008, 5:45 PM
David,

If you have the craftsman 22401 saw it takes a 99 3/4" blade. I called up suffolk machinery and got a 3/4" blade for resaw it seems to tension up rather nice and cuts like butter. I also purchased 2 3/16" blades for finer work and they had a buy 3 blades get one free so I purchased a 1/2" blade for general work. If you call in I think the buy 3 get one free promotion is still going on and they can point you to some good blades. 4 Blades for $67 shipped did not seem to bad.