PDA

View Full Version : Did I buy the wrong belt?

Kyle Costlow
02-29-2008, 11:27 AM
The Frued P410 and the fenner power twist belt I ordered for my table saw came today. I am worried that I ordered the wront size belt. Its 1/2 inch wide. I noticed that there is a grizzly 3/8th inch belt, should I have gotten that one instead. My saw is the Craftsman 113.298240 with original 1 hp motor.

Jim Mims
02-29-2008, 12:02 PM
The Frued P410 and the fenner power twist belt I ordered for my table saw came today. I am worried that I ordered the wront size belt. Its 1/2 inch wide. I noticed that there is a grizzly 3/8th inch belt, should I have gotten that one instead. My saw is the Craftsman 113.298240 with original 1 hp motor.
I have the machined pulleys and 1/2" belt kit on mine.
I also forgot to mention that the 14"x14" table saw dust collector hood, like Rockler sells, is a perfect fit for this saw with the factory stand. I actually was able to drill slightly undersized holes in the plastic hood and thread 1/4-20 screws through it and lay it on top of the stand, just below the saw. Neat.
- Jim

Kyle Costlow
02-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Where did you get the machined pulleys?

Greg Cole
02-29-2008, 1:06 PM
Kyle,
I did the same thing when I bought the link belt. I removed my pullies and turned'em on the lathe at the day job, I hate sending things back.
If you can measure the bore on your existing pullies & the dimension of the keyway, you can order pullies from lotsa places... or send the belt back and get the right size.

Greg

Jim Mims
02-29-2008, 1:38 PM
Where did you get the machined pulleys?
They're available at a few online stores. I bought mine from Peachtree but was unhappy with them when it took 2 weeks and they gave me the run-around when I called. Another place is http://www.in-lineindustries.com/products.html
I couldn't find them on Amazon.:(
- Jim

Lee Schierer
02-29-2008, 4:11 PM
I bought both the link belt and machined pullies for my craftsman saw at a local indstrial supply house over the counter. I took the old ones off and had tehm with me.

Kyle Costlow
02-29-2008, 4:27 PM
"local indstrial supply house"
What would one of these locations be called, or how would I find one.
Grainger comes to mind.

Greg Cole
02-29-2008, 4:44 PM
Kyle,
A bearing supplier or power transmission supplier would be a good local source. Someone that sells belts, pulleys, sheaves (like a Motion Industries or IBT-International Bearing & transmission).

Greg