PDA

View Full Version : Cermark newbie

Chip Peterson
02-29-2008, 10:44 AM
I just started using Cermark LMM-6000 for the first time yesterday. I followed previous reccomendations of dilluting with DNA, I dilluted approx 4:1. Is it normal for the dilluted mixture to seperate into layers after a few moments?

Also after I ran my tests, I found that some (minimal) areas did not seem to have Cermark left on them after cleaning. I cleaned the metal with DNA prior to application of the Cermark. If I remember correctly, I ran at 100P, 15V and 500ppi.

Any thoughts?

Bruce Volden
02-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Chip

It does seperate easily, that's why you should shake/stir after it has sat for several minutes. As to the engraved area not showing/coming off- perhaps it was too thin- although when I apply it, it is very thin too??? Best advice is you will learn as you go, and, practice.

Bruce

Rob Bosworth
02-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Chip, it sounds like you might be running it a little too slow. I think you might get better results at 30% to 40% speed at 100% P. Depending on what material you are marking, maybe even a little faster.

Chip Peterson
02-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Thank you both. I'll get busy!

Brian Robison
02-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Just to let you know, I like the Thermark brand better from a spray can for most applications. I use the Cermark form a little test bottle with a brush that they used to have for small areas.