PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help

Angus Hines
02-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Can any of you sign guys duplicate this pin stripping it's 1-5/8" wide. If you can please PM me.

If this needs to go somewhere else on the board please move it.

Angus

Joe Pelonio
02-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Are you looking for premium vinyl then, for a vehicle?

From the picture it looks like a wide black strip with beige/tan in the center, is that correct?

Factory striping like that would normally be a wide black stripe of vinyl with the center beige screen printed over it, very expensive to reproduce the same way in small quantity. If the beige were vinyl applied to the black then it's doable if the beige can be matched with stock vinyl colors. The only difference would be the two layers of vinyl, making it 2 mil thicker than factory.

Angus Hines
03-01-2008, 10:20 AM
This is actually waterline tape for a boat. It's gold on black and vyinal on vyinal will work.

Joe Pelonio
03-01-2008, 12:47 PM
In that case any vinyl sign shop should be able to help you. You might first check with local auto body supplys, which will have some premade striping, and even online (google "boat striping") and you may find it already made.

Scott Shepherd
03-01-2008, 9:29 PM
I had a request to restripe a boat about 6 months ago. Looked like it was going to be expensive for the customer (and I told him I didn't have any interest in doing it), but I looked into it. There are a few people who specialize in this type of material, already made.

Go to www.signs101.com (http://www.signs101.com) and go to the vinyl section and ask the question. You should get good advice there.

I don't recall the names I found. I finally convinced the guy it wasn't something I was comfortable doing, so I forgot all about the sources.

Joe Pelonio
03-01-2008, 9:56 PM
I had a request to restripe a boat about 6 months ago.
I don't recall the names I found. I finally convinced the guy it wasn't something I was comfortable doing, so I forgot all about the sources.
I can understand that, I have done similar stripes on cars and boats, and the problem for me was having to take such a long strip off of a 24" wide roll of vinyl.

Then at 2 mils it's so thin that it needs transfer tape or will stretch out of shape. On cars it's not so bad because you can use several shorter strips because it will break at the doors.

Doug Bergstrom
03-03-2008, 9:17 AM
I have done a similar stripe project on a boat that had eight different colors ranging from 1/8" to 1/2". If you go to Gregory they have a complete line of vinyl striping in in many colors or the Prostripe series at Beacon will save you a lot of time. For some of the smaller stripes we used a Ronan vinyl tape splitter and custom cut our stripes from a 1" or up to 6" stripe. Use a stabilo pencil to mark your lines and help keep everything straight.

Angus Hines
03-03-2008, 8:27 PM
Thanks for the info I'll try looking around those places. Actually I'll send the guy who wants it to check those sources....LOL