PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt DW735 Planer - rollers marking

Scott LeBlanc
02-29-2008, 9:51 AM
What's the best way to stop the rollers on the DW735 from leaving so many black marks on my wood?

Thanks

Bruce Benjamin
02-29-2008, 10:04 AM
What's the best way to stop the rollers on the DW735 from leaving so many black marks on my wood?

Thanks

I have this planer and I've never seen this happen in the few years that I've owned it. It must be rare because I think I only recall reading of this once before. I'd guess they just need to be cleaned. I'd call DeWalt Customer Service and ask them what the best cleaner would be to avoid damaging the rollers. Or have you already cleaned them with something and that's why they're now leaving black marks?

Bruce

Dave Bureau
02-29-2008, 10:08 AM
i Have never had a problem with mine either.
Dave

Jerry Bittner
02-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Only expereinced that problem at one time when the rollers were slipping.

Talked to a technician at DeWalt and he suggested cleaning them with mineral spirits. It worked.

Scott LeBlanc
02-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Only expereinced that problem at one time when the rollers were slipping.

Talked to a technician at DeWalt and he suggested cleaning them with mineral spirits. It worked.

Thanks, I'll try that.

James Suzda
02-29-2008, 12:14 PM

Thanks
Your knives are either dull or you are taking too big of a bite and the rollers are spinning on the wood. Don't ask me how I know this! ;)
Cleaning them might help.