PDA

View Full Version : Elegant Finials DVD

Alex Cam
02-29-2008, 8:31 AM
Anyone out there watch this DVD and have comments (positive or negative)? How about Cindy's new DVD, Fabulous Finial Box?

I'm looking for some design fundamentals for finial turning, and Cindy seems to be the reigning champ. I'm not sure if her DVDs go into that type of detail, though.

Alex

P.S. Extra credit if anyone wants to lend me their copy for a week. :o

Richard Madison
02-29-2008, 10:31 AM
May I borrow it the next week? Still need a little more finial practice.

Bill Noce
02-29-2008, 2:44 PM
Do you have any Woodturning Clubs in your area? If so join one they have Libraries that have many VHS Tapes and DVD's that you can take out for a month.......very possible that they may have both of Cindy Drozba's DVD's.

jack richington
02-29-2008, 3:32 PM
It is excellent..she explains well..she is talented and an exceptional turner.:D

Neal Addy
02-29-2008, 4:32 PM
I have that DVD and it's very good.

My only comment is that she delves more into the mechanics of turning a finial than into design itself. She does make a few passing comments on what she looks for but don't expect a long dissertation on design fundamentals.

However, the DVD does include her AAW article on design.

Bernie Weishapl
02-29-2008, 4:38 PM
I have both of Cindy's DVD on finial's. They are both excellent. In the first one Elegant Finials she does get into how she figures out what she wants to do. She is a top notch turner.

Scott Hubl
03-02-2008, 1:32 AM
I own both of Cindy's DVD's, well worth the Investment.

Buy yourself a copy, and support the Artist, and maybe she will make another one to Teach us all.

http://www.33smiley.com/smiley5/humor/26.gif

Alex Cam
03-02-2008, 7:23 PM
Thanks for the feedback folks. As always, I appreciate the insight.

Alex