PDA

View Full Version : Shop At Amazon

Keith Outten
02-29-2008, 6:03 AM
Please consider using the SawMill Creek Amazon store (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/shop) when you plan to shop at Amazon.com. The Creek receives a small percentage of each sale and proceeds provide support for our Woodworking Forums.

Note there is an Amazon search box on our page for your convenience.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/shop

Jack Camillo
03-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Kieth,
that link to "shop at amazon" only goes to three pages of "woodworking ", which is misleading. Amazon sells many tools for woodworkers - from heavy duty machines, tables saws, bandsaws, etc., to hand planes, etc. I just think people would click on your link and not find anything they are looking for and think it's worthless. Will Amazon pay the creek for the woodworking machines and tools found under "home improvement"?

Bruce Page
03-24-2008, 1:42 PM
Jack, you can enter the full Amazon.com site by clicking on the Amazon logo that’s below each of the three pages. (I’m assuming that SMC still gets credit?)

Keith Outten
03-24-2008, 1:49 PM
Jack,

If you follow the link you will see a search box for Amazon. Anything you purchase from the search box we will receive credit.

Thanks,
Keith

Bruce Page
03-24-2008, 1:56 PM
Keith, so if I click on the Amazon.com logo that’s below each of the three pages, or at the bottom of each of the forum pages, SMC is not getting credit?

Keith Outten
03-24-2008, 4:10 PM
Bruce,

If you click on the amazon banner at the bottom of any page here there are generally three items to choose from. When you click on one you will notice that the link includes this tag in the address:

?tag=wwwnorthwinda

If you move to a different link and the Northwinds tag is not part of the address we won't get credit.

If you use the SMC Amazon Store link and use the search box we should get credit for any search items you purchase.

Bruce Page
03-24-2008, 4:48 PM
Keith, you also get the “tag=wwwnorthwinda” when you click on just the Amazon link at the bottom of each forum page (left of the three ads). That’s good because that’s what I have been using.

Keith Outten
03-25-2008, 4:00 AM
Bruce,

I think that as long as the Northwinds tag remains in the URL The Creek wil receive a small percentage of the sale.

Thanks,
Keith

Rich Engelhardt
03-29-2008, 7:35 AM
Hello Keith,
I'm a little fuzzy about how the SMC Amazon store works.
Does SMC get $$ from anything purchased through Amazon as long as you enter through the SMC link? or is it limited to certain items?
My wife buys a lot of DVDs through Amazon. If SMC would benefit from it, I'll tell her to enter via the SMC link.

Ahh- asked and answered. I should have read the whole thread instead of just skimming it.

Cliff Rohrabacher
08-05-2008, 5:45 PM
enter the part Amazon number into the search box
That way you can purchase anything Amazon sells
For example I entered:
Hitachi Band Saw CB75F

And got their big bad saw.

Peter M. Spirito
08-24-2008, 6:26 PM
Amazon.com via SMC is my new favorites way to get to Amazon.com. I just easily purchased thru SMC a book on fly fishing I had been planning to buy. :)

Keith Outten
08-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Thanks guys for helping us out...

Christopher Fletcher
09-21-2008, 8:50 PM
I originally thought that only the 3 pages of stuff available on the store would give credit to SMC. Good to know that I can give credit on all my amazon purchases with a few extra steps. This is not made very clear in the store instructions page.

Unfortunately, I cannot get the shop to load with my preferred browser. I have a few anti-phising and anti-script extensions loaded onto Mozilla and cannot get the store to load while running Mozilla. I have whitelisted SMC on my No-script extension to no avail. Is the shop java, flash, script, plug-in, etc?

I can access the store by using another browser (Opera). This was always too much of a hassle to switch browsers just to see three pages of WW books. Now that I know I have the full range of amazon products, I will be more inclined to make purchases this way. Still though, any chance this issue will be resolved?

If I add "?o=1&camp=212361&linkCode=wsw&tag=wwwnorthwinda-20&creative=380789" at the end of each page does that count?

Mike OMelia
10-20-2008, 11:41 PM
I do not, for one, mind doing things that support SMC, so how do I do this in a way that lets me take advantage of MS Cashback??

Mike

Jeff Freelove
10-25-2008, 2:56 PM
Cool,

Great way to feed my desire for the EZ-smart stuff on my list.

Thanks,

Jeff Freelove:)

Dave Mura
10-30-2008, 1:48 PM
Will definitely use your links when shopping with Amazon.

MIKE BRAD
08-27-2009, 9:12 AM
I'm live in China. which is my first time open the Amazon.com this web. I venture to ask if i want to buy something how we can get what we bought? Do you have any country or region limitted? If done, do you have any extra cost for express delivery service?

Ken Fitzgerald
08-27-2009, 9:25 AM
Mike,

Delivery of merchandise is between you and the seller at Amazon. Usually when you check out, you list your location and the system calculates shipping charges and gives you an estimated arrival date. SawMill Creek to my knowledge is not in any way involved in the transaction.

MIKE BRAD
08-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Hi ken,
Thanks for your reply. I got it. However, the price will be more expensive if contained the shipping charges to China. so I think i'd better choose one shopping web in chinese .Thanks!

Mike Leung
04-17-2010, 2:33 AM
I just ordered Classic Joints with Power Tools using the link. I'll be ordering via the SMC link from now on. This book should be good.