PDA

View Full Version : Carver's Forum

Dan Barr
02-28-2008, 11:54 PM
what do ya think? any carvers out there wanting a forum?

I bet if i get enough replies to this post, we'll get one. :D

I PM'd Keith and he said that if we got enough responses, he'd set it up.

SO....... reply to this post and maybe we'll get it.

ciao,

dan

Leigh Costello
02-28-2008, 11:58 PM
I haven't had time to carve in about 18 mos. Ever since I got my laser...but I do enjoy dreaming about carving again. I have a one of those high speed hand tools. I can make amazing piles of shavings in no time at all. And sometimes, when I really try, I can make what I intended to. ;)

I think a carving section would be beneficial to my dreaming. And I can store every bit of useful info that is sure to come my way for future use, too. :D

Dan Barr
02-29-2008, 12:00 AM
hey, thanks for the response.

Everyone: make sure to click on the poll. :D

cheers,

dan

Mike Henderson
02-29-2008, 12:06 AM
I carve but I don't think there are enough "carving" people to make a forum work. I haven't searched to find the number of posting related to carving but I don't remember that many - and I'm interested in those postings.

For now, I'd vote to keep carving in one of the other forums until we get a lot more postings about it

Mike

Steve Clardy
02-29-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm not a carver, but hey. Whatever floats yer boat works for me.:D

Dave McGeehan
03-02-2008, 4:08 PM
I'd love to see a carver's forum. I was never sure which forum at Sawmill was the proper place to post pics, questions, or comments regarding carving.

I try to add carving to most of my furniture projects as a way to further personalize it. I feel the skills I developed through carving, and am still striving to improve upon, have greatly aided and influenced my furniture building. I have also been greatly impressed and inspired by the work and generous sharing of information I've found on Sawmill Creek. I feel a carver's forum would have the potential to benefit all of us.

Stan Smith
03-02-2008, 5:26 PM
Scroll saw invite. How about a Carvers/Scroll Saw Forum. I'm a carver but I also like to do intarsia stuff. Maybe marquetry could also be included? FWIW

John Shuk
03-02-2008, 6:11 PM
I just hope it shows up below the turner's forum on the list so I don't have to readjust my browsing.;)

Dennis Peacock
03-02-2008, 7:40 PM
Scrollsawing and carving? Now that's a thought. :)

Jeff Booth
03-02-2008, 9:35 PM
I would probably use the forum, I purchased a few basic tools for carving and have been practicing a few basic things. I am interested to incorporate some carving in my work.

Dan Barr
03-05-2008, 1:26 AM
I'm no pro at carving, but i would like to have ONE place to go to look for information on the topic.

ciao,

dan

Stan Smith
03-06-2008, 7:28 PM
I'm no pro at carving, but i would like to have ONE place to go to look for information on the topic.

ciao,

dan

Well, Dan, I hope there's more interest that what we've seen so far. I think that a lot more folks are not posting their interest here for whatever reason.

Dave Lehnert
03-06-2008, 10:38 PM
WOOD magazine had a carving forum on their site but discontinued it. Not much activity.

Kevin Davis
03-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Dan,

I shot you a PM.

Kevin