PDA

View Full Version : New Member Chuck Question

Richard A. Rivera, M.D.
02-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Hey there, I have recently signed on, although I have been hoovering around the edge of the vortex for a while. Thanks to all for the info I have obtained from the past. I have the Jet 1220 and the Barracuda2 and SN2 chucks and love them both. Have started to turn local green wood bowls...love to see the shavings fly.

My question is - does any one know if there are compatable jaws for the Barracuda from other vendors like the Vicmark jaws that will fit the Grizz Chuck?

Dennis Peacock
02-28-2008, 11:03 PM
Richard,

First of all Welcome to The Creek!!! Glad to have ya and walk carefully around the Vortex....it runs pretty deep here in the turning forum ya know. ;)

I don't know about jaw set as I've only ever owned the SuperNova and it's jaw sets. I'm sure someone will jump in and post if they are available somewhere.

Bernie Weishapl
02-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Welcome to SMC Richard. Like Dennis said the vortex gets pretty deep. I am not sure about your jaws but you are right I have a Vicmarc and 3 Grizzly chucks. The jaws of the Vicmarc do fit the Grizzly.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-29-2008, 12:18 AM
Welcome to the Creek Doc! The Vortex is a money hole!

Hilel Salomon
02-29-2008, 8:09 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the vicmarc 100 jaws will fit but not the one's for the 120. I think that jaws for the sn2, grizzly, vicmarc 100, apprentice and barracuda are all interchangeable. I'm not positive about this, but I've used apprentice inserts on the sn2 and sn2 jaws on the grizzly.
Luck, Hilel.

Allen Neighbors
02-29-2008, 7:47 PM
You have to have an adapter to fit the SN2 jaws to the Vicmarc... or vice versa... I think. I believe the alignment ridges on the Vicmarc jaws is taller than the SN2 jaws. The SN2 will fit the Vic, but the Vic won't fit the SN2, therefore the adapter is necessary. I think that's the way I heard it.