PDA

View Full Version : Jool Tool

Greg Hines, MD
02-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Has anyone ever used a Jool Tool sharpener?

http://www.jooltool.com/index.htm

Doc

Steve Roxberg
02-28-2008, 11:02 PM
I saw one at the Woodworking show, but I dont remember anything about the tool itself, now the model they had demoing it looked pretty darn good.:D

Vijay Kumar
02-28-2008, 11:30 PM
I saw one at the Woodworking show, but I dont remember anything about the tool itself, now the model they had demoing it looked pretty darn good.:D

The model is owner/inventor of the Jool tool. She originally designed this for the jewelry trade.

Vijay

John Lucas
02-29-2008, 12:35 AM
I saw the video and emailed the owner to sendd a unit for review on woodshopdemos.com and never got a reply. I guess she is too busy with success.

Steve Rowe
02-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Yes. I have had one for nearly 4 years. It excels at sharpening carving chisels and in particular gouges. I think there are better choices for other items.
Steve

jason lambert
02-29-2008, 1:00 PM
I looked at it but I aggree there are better choices to sharpen tools if that is what you want it for.

Steve Clardy
02-29-2008, 2:15 PM

Ditto that :rolleyes::D

Dick Sylvan
02-29-2008, 2:20 PM
It excels at sharpening carving chisels and in particular gouges. I think there are better choices for other items.
Steve
I would have bought one just for that alone, but my recollection was that the price was way too high for me.

Fred Miller
02-29-2008, 9:34 PM
I remember the Woodworking Show, and the Jool Tool, and The Girl. She was the inventor, and was somehow connecting with 3M to jointly market it. At the time, I was doing demos in our Woodturning Club's booth at the show, and I gave her a bowl gouge to sharpen for me. She put a finish on it that was as pretty as she was, but it wouldn't cut butter--I had to re-do the edge on our own grinder. It was fun watching her work, though...

Alan Schaffter
02-29-2008, 11:28 PM
It is almost a $100 more than the WS3000. The WS3000 sharpens flat blades and has a slotted wheel like the Jool Tool.