PDA

View Full Version : Delta 8' Bed Jointer

Gene O. Carpenter
02-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Was reading a "WW Machinery for sale" ad today and there's an 8' Bed Jointer. I called the guy and inquired of the brand, he replied Delta, I inquired of the price and he said $600.. Not having a spare $600 in my pocket I told him that it sounds nice but it's out of my financial bracket at the moment.
I've been mulling this thing over in my mind all day and thought that I would run it by you guys and then decide.
Is the 8' bed a 6" or 8", or bigger, blade? Is it worth $600? Approx how much would it weigh? If I decide against it would any of you have an interest in it?
Thanks for any advice forthcoming...
Gene

PS: In addition he has an Edge Sander, a 15" Planer, an Oscillating Spindle Sander, a Safety Cut Panel Saw, a Walker Turner RA Drill Press, and a Jet DC

Peter Quinn
02-28-2008, 10:14 PM
I have a delta DJ-20 8" jointer, has a 77" long bed, weighs about 500#. The 12" Delta DJ-30 has an 84" long bed, weighs about 700#. Far as I know delta never made a jointer with an 8' long bed. Most jointer that do have 8" beds are 16"-20" wide monsters.

Any delta 8" or bigger is worth $600 imho if it runs. The 8' may be a misprint.

Dave MacArthur
02-29-2008, 3:05 AM
I concur with Peter. I would bet he means a DJ-20, the Delta 8" jointer. Jointers are usually rated in bed WIDTH in inches, and a much less important secondary piece of info is bed length--this would ONLY be of interest after you knew the width.

Ask him the model number and width, if it's a DJ20 for $600 and is in good shape, it's a good deal!

Peter Gerhardt
02-29-2008, 8:42 AM
Gene,

If you decied not to purchase it let me know I might be interested.

Thanks,

Peter