PDA

View Full Version : First Sierra Pen

Jon Lanier
02-28-2008, 9:16 PM
Interesting Pen, hate that I had to go buy yet another drill bit. oh well... I really like the blank which is called Molten Metal.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7195/sierramoltonmetalgg3.jpg

Ben Gastfriend
02-28-2008, 9:25 PM
Nice pen, cool blank! And a nice shiny finish as usual!

Bernie Weishapl
02-28-2008, 11:49 PM
Great looking pen Jon. Yep I like making those Sierras. They are my best selling pen.

Mike Berndt
02-28-2008, 11:55 PM
They are called Wall Street II in my area(RI) and I get then from Woodcraft. They are for the very business oriented people. They are quite nice and are confortable to write with.

Jon Lanier
02-29-2008, 12:07 AM
Great looking pen Jon. Yep I like making those Sierras. They are my best selling pen.

Bernie,

I've got one more kit, any suggestions on what else may look good with the black Sierra? I've got just about any wood... just not sure what to put with it?

-Jon

Jon Lanier
02-29-2008, 12:09 AM
They are called Wall Street II in my area(RI) and I get then from Woodcraft. They are for the very business oriented people. They are quite nice and are confortable to write with.

Thanks Guys,

Mike, I get most my stuff right now from Woodcraft. I just happen to be at Rockler today and picked it up because I liked the Molten Metal blank. Nice to know what kit fits those bushing from Woodcraft.

John Terefenko
02-29-2008, 4:48 PM
Jon

Of course something in silver or grey is the uttmost business looking color. Pen looks great.

Question for you, did you not promise us a detailed report on how to do pens with labels or did I miss it???

Dan Forman
03-02-2008, 6:13 AM
Bernie,

I've got one more kit, any suggestions on what else may look good with the black Sierra? I've got just about any wood... just not sure what to put with it?

-Jon

Very nice pen, I just got a few of those blanks myself. Another suggestion for that kit would be buckeye burl. In black and gold, cocobolo or BOW look very nice.

Dan